Looking for any info on CWO Edmund A Rall

CIDAA Forum: Looking for Someone? (Public): Looking for any info on CWO Edmund A Rall
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph L. Parker (Joe) on Saturday, December 26, 2020 - 11:17 am:  Edit

Dear Kristin, I worked as a CID Agent at the Yongsan Field Office in Seoul, ROK, with your Dad in 1977-1978. Ed was divorced when he arrived and married Kerry while I was still in ROK; Ed stopped to see me at the Crime Lab, Fort Gordon, GA, within a year before his death; during the visit he complained about blurred vision, which was later determined to be due to his brain tumor. Bob Parrotte was with us in ROK and told me later of Ed's death, and Bob's visits with him at Walter Reed. I liked your Dad and did not know anyone who disliked him. Sorry God took him away from you and the rest of us so soon--The saying "Only the Good die young" certainly applied to your Dad. My condolences-Joe Parker

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam H Sampson (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, August 31, 2020 - 01:25 pm:  Edit

Kristin, I worked with your father while assigned to the Schwaebisch Gmuend CID Office. I was a Military Police Investigator working on the Drug Suppression Team. I spent a lot of time with your Dad both Professionally and Off Duty. This was the time period of 82 to 84 timeframe. Ed was a great person. He and I worked several criminal cases together. He was my Supervisor. If there is anything I can help you with you can contact me at E Mail. sampsonsam@bellsouth.net. I also have some pictures if you would like them. God Bless and take care.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mace (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, August 31, 2020 - 03:44 am:  Edit

Dear Kristen, I am saddened to find this thread, if your father had been the Special Agent in Charge of the CID Office in Schwaebisch Gmuend, FRG (I was in Schwaebisch Gmuend '82-'84). I had been trying to locate him, after discussing an old case, which made me think of those days long ago now. I spent the last hour looking and found this thread. Although I did not work directly for him, I had frequent interactions with him and was mentored and coached by him in Schwaebisch Gmuend. He was a great guy. I remember him as easy to laugh, and easy to work with. I'm sorry I do not have more specific details, but he touched many people, led to both my military and civilian careers in law enforcement, and was an asset to the Army. I

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan White (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 09:28 pm:  Edit

Today -- 11/10/15 -- I received the following email from Mrs Kristin Rybinski -- the daughter of CID SA Edmund Rall (RIP): ..... Thank you again for all of the emails from people. I am soooo overwhelmed by the response I have gotten. It will take a few days to organize all of the emails and people to get in touch with. I want to contact everyone and I will soon.

Please pass on to everyone from my family and I a Happy Veterans Day. This day has always had a special meaning in my heart and even more so now that I have been reintroduced to my military "family". Please let everyone know I will be in contact...I have many questions I hope everyone can answer but that I appreciate the time they have taken to contact me. It will not be forgotten. Thank you again and I will be in touch very soon.

Kristin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clarence Clark (Unregistered Guest) on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 04:00 pm:  Edit

Dear Kristin, I also knew your father, very well, as I was a new Agent assigned to the 7th Region CID HQ at Yong San, Seoul, South Korea from June 1977 to July 1978, and your father arrived there a few months after I did. Your father and I became very good friends, and spent much time together, and I will also say that he was a good Agent with a great sense of humor and was highly respected by his peers. I last saw your father sometime in the early 80's as he had came from Ft. Carson, as he had apparently worked with Mr. White, and was now assigned to the Ft. Belvoir, Va. CID Office, just outside of Washington, D.C., and I went to visit him at his home in Dale City, Va., as I was then working for the U.S. Government and also lived in the D.C. area.I have some other memories that I would be happy to pass on about your father, and I think that I have several photos of us together when we were in South Korea if I can find them. I also will make contact with Mr. White and try to get your contact information so that I could speak to you in more detail about your father.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W. Minton (Ken_minton) on Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 01:23 pm:  Edit

I knew Ed Rall. He was assigned to Stuttgart CID (our headquarters) and I was at Munich RA.
Kristin, he was a wonderful man. I'm going to send some information to Dan at his link. Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan White (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, November 06, 2015 - 09:23 pm:  Edit

---> I am in contact with Kristin regarding her father Ed Rall (RIP). I met Kristin when she was 9 years old (1985) at Landstuhl Hospital, Germany, along with her mother and her grandfather, when Ed was undergoing brain surgery to remove a tumor. I will be able to provide Kristin some of Ed's CID history covering the period of time Sept 79-June 80 when Ed was part of my covert team working undercover in the Catch-A Thief III covert operation in Colorado Springs, CO, joint operation with Colorado Springs PD. Others of you perhaps will be willing to provide additional information regarding Ed's CID career until he passed away in 1985 at Walter Reed from cancer. If anyone would like to do so -- please contact me at dannopi@aol.com and I can provide Kristin's contact information. She and I are already exchanging information and she remembered our time together in Landstuhl while Ed was in ICU.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kristin Rybinski (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 11:19 am:  Edit

Edmund Rall was my father and he passed away over 30 years ago on July 5, 1985 when I was 10 years old. He was a CWO in the CID and I am interested in any information on his missions, accomplishments, or anyone who knew him or worked with him. He has 2 grandsons, Connor and Dylan, that are 15 and 13, respectively, and would love to know about there grandfather. Thank you for your help.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: