Past Provost Marshal

CIDAA Forum: Looking for Someone? (Public): Past Provost Marshal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 11:07 pm:  Edit

I knew Major William LeSeur, 1965-6 when he was the Provost Marshal, Verdun, France. I recall him as not only a gentleman a good MP Officer, but one who backed us CID guys all the way. Ron Decker had been the Chief in Verdun, but he was transferred (1966?) to Ft. Gordon. I ended up being the SAIC (of myself). I left Verdun for England. I recall that Bill Ivory was supposed to have left France before me, but when I arrived in the UK, the late, great Bill McCoy called me from Germany looking for Ivory. I never did learn where Bill Ivory was--that's Bill the Ivory--a character friend of mine.
Peter L. Comras (aka Peter "B")

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernest D. Hamm (Ernie) on Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 06:20 am:  Edit

Thanks, Carl, that is the gentleman. I was taking the name spelling off a phone display and was able to 'tweak' confirmation with your information. Those ol' 'stud books' are handy. I sent mine to Clarence Romig many years ago.

Thanks, Freeman, gives us some mutual association.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 10:55 pm:  Edit

There's a Retired 06 named William G. Le Seur, now age 85 living in Fleming, FL, who was a Major MPC in 03/1966. He's listed in an old MP Officer - CID Roster I have, dated about that time. I Didn't know him personally. Carl Craig
CIDAA Forum Moderator

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freeman Poole (F_poole) on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 07:03 pm:  Edit

I was with CID in Baumholder when he was the Provost Marshal. I don't remember if it was in the mid 60's or early 70's. I remember he was a LTC and and gentleman in every respect. Never briefed him where he became upset( like some PMs).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernest D. Hamm (Ernie) on Friday, January 31, 2014 - 04:53 pm:  Edit

Anyone in the association work with a provost marshal by the name of Dell Leseure? He was with MPC at Ft Benjamin Harrison, Verdun, France; Baumholder, Germany, and Vietnam. He is living here at Fleming Island, Florida and called to see if we had any mutual acquaintances. His wife is in the same walking club as my wife and I and heard that I was former CID. He mentioned Ron Decker, that I knew from Fort Gordon and that was our only connection. He also knows General Cromartie, who I met one time before retiring.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: