Looking for CW4 (Ret) William T Maguire (NJ)

CIDAA Forum: Looking for Someone? (Public): Looking for CW4 (Ret) William T Maguire (NJ)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lewis L Hartman (Lewandanne) on Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 08:22 pm:  Edit

As far as Bill Maguire goes I was informed by Jerry Simonson that he was in the Melborne Fl area. He did not give me the address, however, if you contact Jerry at Jerome7244@bellsouth.net he might have his exact location. They were very close.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kert Bradford (Kmbrad) on Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 06:59 pm:  Edit

I was at Dix too Bob(knottek). 1972-1976. After he retired, I saw Bill again around the early 80s. He was fine. I talked to Mickey and realized the posting wasn't about our "Wild Bill". Good to see you posting here Bob. It's been a looooooong time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed German (Admin) on Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 08:58 am:  Edit

Armed with the information from the below postings about William Maguire retiring to Cape May, NJ, and using my special investigative powers enabled by Google, I found (and you can too) an address and phone number for a William R. Maguire residing on Suzanne Avenue in Cape May, NJ.

A Zabasearch indicates that William R. Maguire at the Suzanne Avenue address was born in 1920... maybe the correct age? Additionally, Intellius.com links William R. Maguire (age 86) of Cape May, NJ with Domenica C. Maguire and indicates prior residence addresses at Ft Dix, NJ and Trenton, NJ. An Intellius.com search for Domenica C. Maguire of Cape May, NJ links her with William T. Maguire and indicates she was born about 1928.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Knottek Sr (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 06:10 pm:  Edit

Very Often I think of William MaGuire. I was with the Fort Dix CID first from Jan 1972 to 1974 then after a while at Camp Casey FO I returned to Fort Dix CID in 1975 until I was shipped to Belgium in Oct 1977. Bill was and hopefully is everything all of you say he is and more. The last I heard of him was when he retired to Cape May NJ. I have one or two photos of him while we were at the range. I'll be sending them to Ted Handley as I recall he asked for copies of photos I have while at Fort Dix. Due to a defective hard drive between my ears I forgot about him. I'll have to make up for the delay. Sorry Ted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted_handley (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 11:21 pm:  Edit

The last time I saw Maguire was about 7 or 8 years ogo. He was in the PX in Dix. At that time he was still living in Cape May in the Summer and Florida in the winter. His daughter was married to an FBI agent and at that time he was assigned to an office in Florida. His wife died 5 or 6 years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard Bates (Omarisan) on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 12:34 am:  Edit

Dick is right. Mac is tight as they come. He was my Ops in Ft Dix, Vietnam and later Korea. I just couldn't get away from him. When I read about a guy with same name in the MOAA Taps Section, I just knew that Mac was alive and kicking but may have figured a way to make the IRA think otherwise. While at Ft. Dix, we used to place pennies on the hallway floor and when Mac saw the pennies, he would look around, stoop over and pick up the penny. Regardless, Mac was always one of my favorites, just don't try to BS him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard B. Greaves (Dick_greaves) on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 04:59 pm:  Edit

I'd heard years ago that Bill Maguire had retired to Cape May, NJ. Never heard anything else about him. He interviewed me and accepted me an MP Investigator with the 40th CID at Ft Dix in early '61, when he was Ops. I remember him telling us of going to Canada the beginning of WWII to enlist, and going to England to fight for them. As a Scot, he was tight as they came. The guys would razz him about his old car, and he said he'd occasionally sit on a $50 bill, and the car felt like new. He ran a tight ship, and was a good man.
Best regards to all..........Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A. Poole (Bobpoole) on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 12:50 pm:  Edit

I have no recent news of Chief Maguire. (Is that the correct spelling of his name? I'm gonna assume it is.)

My last contact with him is admittedly about 20 years old. He was still in the Fort Dix area. He had just had some surgery (?hip replacement, knee??) and said with his new body he should live another 60 or 70 years.

My gosh . . . the man had a phenomenal memory!! Here's a story for you:

When I was a youngster my dad, an MP at the time, was stationed in Italy (Verona). The SETAF CG and his staff used to play volleyball in the post gym one day a week. As it turns out, someone lifted the General's wallet. I had been in the area with some school friends and one thing led to another. I remember my dad taking me to the MP station where he worked and into an office where two guys . . . dressed in civilian clothes, of course . . . asked me about my companions. As it turned out, one of my friends, a major's son, had stolen the wallet.

In 1971 when I was an MPI working with the 2nd in Yongsan I had an opportunity to move up to 7th Group Headquarters and work with Bob Long in what was then, the POL Diversion Section. Part of this process was for me to be interviewed by Chief Maguire who was the Operations Officer for the 523rd (Bonnie Sapp was the Commander as I recall.) Anyway . . . I didn't know Chief Maguire from Adam. When I entered his office he asked me how my father was . . . my mother . . . and my sister. Not only did he know that I had a sister, but he knew her name and my mothers name too! Needless to say I was shocked. He could tell of course and went on to ask me if I remembered the incident in Verona . . . and if I remembered talking to two men in civilian clothes. I did, but had to admit that my only recollection was that one was sitting on the edge of the desk as he talked to me and the other was behind the desk. As it turns out, he was the person behind the desk. That incident hapened in the mid 1950's and here it was 1971.

I owe much to Chief Maguire and I hope this search finds him in good health and mean as ever!

Bob Poole
===============

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 12:48 pm:  Edit

Several searches later, I've been informed that the CW4 William T Maguire listed in the MOAA TAPS section is NOT "our" CID person of the same rank and name. Thanks to everyone who helped run this down, Mickey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 03:43 pm:  Edit

MOAA lists such a name in TAPS. I've exhausted all free obit checks. Anyone with info please email to me. Thanks.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: