Looking for Frankfurt RA Agents from 1971-74

CIDAA Forum: Looking for Someone? (Public): Looking for Frankfurt RA Agents from 1971-74
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Milton O. Webb Jr. (Skipwebb) on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 09:49 am:  Edit

Don, If I remember correctly, Barry Litsky and Dave Simpson were both assigned at Frankfurt and both bought new red VW Beetles at the same time. They left the bar downstairs one night after having a few and a moment later, ran into each other at the stop light at Hans Allee and Miguel Allee (one stopped at the light, the other didn't). The cop that showed up was confronted with two sets of CID creds and just threw up his hands and drove off saying "crazy Americans"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank M. Woods (Unregistered Guest) on Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 12:06 pm:  Edit

Whitey Nickeral was a good interpreter. I worked with him both in Frankfurt, and in Stuttgart. He did pass away. This was late sixties and mid 70's. I miss the good friends and hard work in Germany, but people like Don Wright; John Peterson; Mel Alley, etc., made it easy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence H. Drayton (Larry_drayton) on Friday, March 19, 2010 - 05:54 am:  Edit

1984 thru 1987. I was Frankfurt District Operations with LTC Joel Leson as the District Commander. Good SACS and good times. Extended an extra year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael S. Edwards (Mse2552) on Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 08:35 pm:  Edit

I was in Frankfurt District from 1981-1984 then again from 1987-1992. Hanau RA, Gelnhausen and Buidengen Branch Offices, Fulda RA and Bad Hersfeld Branch Office.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Reid Chave (Rjchave) on Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 03:05 pm:  Edit

Skip Webb's entry lists many of the good folks that were in Frankfurt. I arrived in the summer of 1972 straight from Vietnam (via the advance course at Gordon on the way). Sometime in 1973. someone in Hbg thought there were too many W3s in Frankfurt, so I was "asked" to move to Stuttgart. I extended one year and remained in Stuttgart until leaving for retirement in Dec 75. Some will recall that I was able to help Whitey Nickeral transfer to Stuttgart as his wife was moved there with her job. I believe Whitey has since passed away. Those were some good years with good memories.

Reid

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Wright (Unregistered Guest) on Saturday, March 06, 2010 - 05:03 pm:  Edit

I was there 67-71. Good crew. Bob Buckles, Ken McLellan, Barry Litsky, Frank Woods, John Slanina, Bob Allen, John Peterson, Lou Pettigrew, and others I fail to remember. Whitey passed away, Willie moved on to another job, my partner Helmut Schwab is now retired. I heard Peggy was living in the states now, but have no clue. Col George Washington Higgins was the PM. We were in a two story former BOQ on Hansa Allee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By raulxnm (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 11:25 pm:  Edit

Skip Webb, good to see your name on here. I was a probie at Fort Bragg when you and your partner use to dance so well at the office/family parties. The best part is you seem to always be in charge of setting up the parties. A good thing. Seems like we always had a reason to have a office/family party. Oh yes I like how you ran criminal information section. GREAT times. Thanks for the memories. Raul X.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Milton O. Webb Jr. (Skipwebb) on Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 08:23 am:  Edit

Jim, I think the statute has run on those Toga Parties with the young MP LTs in OBC up on WAC circle. At least I hope so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. White (Danwhite1176) on Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 12:26 pm:  Edit

Jim - be sure to let me know if Skip contacts
you and shares his recollection of the toga
party you reference. As I recall it was a good party. I wasn't stationed in Frankfurt either - down the autobahm and train tracks in Mannheim. Also had several late night or early morning rendevous in dark corners of the airport with fellow CID SAs (Steve Volk, Dick Fritz, Jim Pace, Rick Matherly (RIP), Dick Thompson) to name a few. GOOD TIMES by all and GREAT memories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James K. Pace (Jimpace) on Sunday, February 14, 2010 - 06:21 am:  Edit

Skip,Lost touch years ago. My email is jkp1375@comcast.net.
I was never assigned to Frankfurt. Was talking
to someone recently about toga parties and training young MP RLO's and your name came
up. Take care, Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Friday, February 12, 2010 - 04:52 pm:  Edit

Don't forget Freeman Poole and Lenny Durst.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W. Minton (Ken_minton) on Friday, February 12, 2010 - 09:09 am:  Edit

I was in Frankfurt District a couple years later. I bet some of the same civilians, Mrs Huerter, Kurt Sauckel, Herr Leske, etc. were still there. 71-74 I was with the MI in the Farben Building, but in 74 transferred briefly to the 61st MP's and worked with Dave Jensen, Jim Bogers, and some of whom later also came into the CID. Skip, were you later at Ft Dix District or Stuttgart District?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Milton O. Webb Jr. (Skipwebb) on Thursday, February 11, 2010 - 03:01 pm:  Edit

We had a great group: Ben Ferraro, Reid Chave, Don Leonardy, Al Synder, Ken Maynard, Rick Falardo, Bill Cochrain, Hank Little, Pete Peterson, Whitey Nickeral, Inga Huerta others that I can't remember...(speliing probably wrong on several of these)

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: