Looking for Agents that were stationed at AFCENT

CIDAA Forum: Looking for Someone? (Public): Looking for Agents that were stationed at AFCENT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Hayes (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, June 29, 2012 - 07:31 am:  Edit

I was assigned to AFCENT (SCHINNEN) from 1981-1984. I knew Larry Ingold and Jim Boyd when I was at Chievres from 1976-1979. I knew Sherry very well and first met Phil Tackett at AFCENT. There was another Agent (tall, blonde hair, Warrant Officer) and his wife worked with my wife at the finance office in Brunssum. Can't recall his name. I was there when they blew up Emma Mine and part of the CID Office was damaged. Soon after I too became an Agent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Branyon Boyd (Jim_boyd) on Friday, June 11, 2010 - 05:58 pm:  Edit

Reference the post by Mike CLIFFORD, I was the SAC of the Netherlands CID RA from late 1977 to Oct 1981. Sherri EVANS was the Dutch Interpreter/Investigator/Secretary, during that timeframe. I don't recall CLIFFORD being at the RA during my time there. Subsequent coordination with Sherri discloses that there was never an incident involving a CID car being fire-bombed. I don't know where you are coming from, Mike, but perhaps you have some wires crossed??? Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael J. Clifford (Mjclifford) on Monday, March 01, 2010 - 03:44 pm:  Edit

I was assigned as a CID agent for 30 days between 1981-82 to AFCENT. It was shortly after a CID vehicle was firebombed as it set at the office overnight. At the time, the office had a female I/I by name of Sherry, who spoke English, Dutch, Flemish, French and German. Not only did the office cover the Netherlands but a significant amount of nearby Germany. Lots of small kasernes and a lot of dope, especially from the units in Germany.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Cox (Warrencid) on Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 08:13 pm:  Edit

Jeff and all;

I did not know that some of you were at AFCENT. I was there with the International Police from 1974 until 1978 at Brunssum. Bruce Knowlton, David Borne and one other (whose name excapes me) all worked together there.

I do remember Bill Condra, because some mail of mine got stolen and I had to go to the CID Office at Schinnen to make a statement (and eventually pick-up the evidence). My wife at that time time worked in the PX there at Schinnen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W. Minton (Ken_minton) on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 09:06 pm:  Edit

Ben,
You probably don't remember me, but I remember you. I was an MI agent with the 205h MI in the old IG Farben Bldg in 1974. I needed to find a different career field, when I married my wife, Elfie, who had relatives in East Germany and Poland. I had an interview with LTC Rosen, and the following year I was accepted into CID. Dave Jensen, was an MPI at the time, with the 61st MP Co. He later came into the program as did Jim Bogers. I returned to Frankfurt with an assignment to the CID District there. Jack Sellinger was the OPs. Mrs Huerter, Frau Schmidt, Franz Leske, and Kurt Saukel were the local national employees.
Anyway, the best to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ben Ferraro (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, June 12, 2009 - 12:52 pm:  Edit

I was the first agent to arrive in the Netherlands for an assignment to AFCENT. John McCormack came in the next day. That started the; two and 1/2 years of the best assignment available. Ken Killian came into CID from the MPs and another fellow that I cannot remember the name of. Conny Abbott, the wife of James Terry Abbott killed in Vietnam by another soldier was our secratery most of the time I was there. One of my sons Ben III was born there. Altogether a great assignment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Holder (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 03:16 pm:  Edit

Jim is right. He did sign off on my application. I owe him and Larry Ingold a great debt. They were very good to me and taught me a lot in a short period of time. I was having trouble getting released from the NATO assignment, but I did get to work with them for a short period of time. Jim, Sherry and Larry taught me how to play Spades also, just during the lunch hour only. The rest of the time it was work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Brown (John_brown) on Monday, March 16, 2009 - 07:18 pm:  Edit

Jeff- I was there from 72-77 with Bill Ambrose and then Bill Condra. We brought Danny Cates into CID from the AFCENT MP Det in Brunsuum. I think he's probably still in Alaska. There were also a number of guys from 42d Customs, some of which later joined CID.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 10:10 am:  Edit

Jim, you can reach Jeff Holder by clicking on his name. That should take you to a compose email window. Try it for any unregistered guest(s).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Branyon Boyd (Jim_boyd) on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 09:26 pm:  Edit

If you have an email address for Jeff Holder, please let me know. I was at AFCENT with him and, if I remember correctly, I endorsed his original application to become a member of USACIDC. Thanks, Jim Boyd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jim pace (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 02:28 pm:  Edit

Jeff,
Go to the TWS site (I know you are a member) go to search then check the left side and click unit or assignment. You'll get a new right side screen. Select the MOS Group (MP enlisted, MP officer, etc). Select the location (it will put you back on the left side where you can select one of two AFCENT sections). It will then list the folks who included that assignment.
Have Fun,
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Holder (Unregistered Guest) on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 09:01 pm:  Edit

I would like to get in touch with Agents who were former MP's or other MOS that were stationed at AFCENT, The Netherlands. I know there are some out there becuase my sponsor was Bruce Knowlton (sorry if spelling is wrong). I would like to share some photos and get some photos of AFCENT. If any agents are willing to share thier photos, I'll consolidate and resend back all that I get. Thanks! Jeff

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: