Nuernberg District

CIDAA Forum: Looking for Someone? (Public): Nuernberg District
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard D. Shook (Richshook) on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 11:40 am:  Edit

Jerry Rainbolt brought back fond memories. I had the pleasure of being the SAC at Bamberg from 1980-1984. Loved every bit of it. The only assignment where the wife and I extended my tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Rainbolt (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 04:34 pm:  Edit

Wanted to say hello to Lee, Glenn, Brian, John R. and John Mays, Mark O'Malley from J.R. Rainbolt. I enjoyed my time in Bamberg and was at the Nuernberg District often from 1984-1987 and again from 1990-1993.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John R. Mays (John_mays) on Sunday, July 29, 2012 - 04:42 pm:  Edit

We had a team down in NB, with Steve Volk running the show. Had many DODIG auditors that worked with Steve, Chuck Skinner, Mark O'malley and Jake (God rest his soul), the Great LNCI and friend from SF, and a bunch of others on the team. Great Ops and SACs at NB that helped us out were super. DOJ recovered milions on the cases. Was some great times there. All Great folks. Thanks to all. John Mays

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Ferguson (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, July 06, 2012 - 03:26 pm:  Edit

Hey Guys! I just got back in the loop. I see many great names and memories from Mannheim, Stuttgart, Leavenworth, Nuernberg, Giessen, and Fort Ord RA gang. I was in Nuernberg between 1984 - 1989. SAC L. Blasingame, CIS D. Remick, GC/TC John Bressett, DST/TC Dan Salvestro, Bob Frost, and the infamous Polygrapher Willie "The Man"? Great memories from a great moment in time. Like many others I'm working on my 2nd retirement with Uncle Sam's FBI gang and in a few months after that quick 20+ with the Army CID. Retirement in Ft Lauderdale. (954) 865-2298.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R Vitale (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 05:21 am:  Edit

John/Raul
It is a long way from Fort Benning. Hope you are both doing well.

I also have had contact with John Lanting and even worked with him when he owned a PI company. I have tried several times in the past to contact Raul when I saw his e-mail address on one of those messages that goes to every former CID agent.

Anyway, if Warren Cox needs any verification that you were a CID agent have him call me he has the number.

Good to see you are both still kickin.

rv.searcher@hotmail.com

Ralph Vitale

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Raul X Ruiz (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 06:28 pm:  Edit

John Runnberg, good to see you're still around. Have you seen or heard from Bob Young? How about Stefula? (spell check).

I saw John Lanting several years ago. He was traveling with Penny through New Mexico from the east going to California.

I received my accreditation info from CID HQ to hopefully get accepted in CIDAA.

E mail is posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Schuyler (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, August 03, 2009 - 11:37 am:  Edit

Jesus, how could anyone forget you? Certainly, not I. Nor could I forget Nurnberg, my fist assignment with CID, or Mr. Runnberg, my first T/C. I retired, and am now working for DEA, currently attending language school.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lee Blasingame (Lee_blasingame) on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 08:09 pm:  Edit

wOW,Nice to see all the names. John, as it stands right now I am planning on taking a motorcycle south to the Tampa area for the conference. I was hoping ole Armstrong would come over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Price (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 02:15 pm:  Edit

John,

Just surfing the net and found this site. Glad to see you're still kicking. What you up to?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert J. Walters (Rjwalters) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 07:38 pm:  Edit

Recall the closure of Nuernburg after I arrived at Grafenwohr in late 1994. Glenn and John Hayes were hard at work when I arrived getting ready to button up shop and move to Bamberg. Brain how are things going. If you know of anyone looking for 1811 work in DC, I am hiring this week on USAJOBS.gov. Have them look up the Corporation for National & Community Service- OIG. Let me or Bob Holland know if you know of anyone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John L. Runnberg (Johnr) on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 01:30 pm:  Edit

Hey Guys!!!

Brian, Lee, Jesus and Glenn....

It appears there is life after CID, huh?

Anyone planning on attending the CIDAA Reunion in Tampa this September? Might I suggest that we work on a Nuernberg District group to attend the conference?

Jesus...I can't imagine why you would think that you would be forgotten. Geesh!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lee Blasingame (Lee_blasingame) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 06:26 am:  Edit

Jesus, remember you well. If I recall you and Brooks were running the ebidence room. I left Nuernburg and came to Ft Bragg and then retired in 1992 and stayed in the area. Hope all is well and please stay in touch. 910-949-4683

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Grossman (Rekib) on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 02:42 pm:  Edit

Jesus....nice to see you on this site. I retired in 2003 after 28 years of service and am working as a special agent with the DOD OIG's office in Arlington, VA. My office number is 703.604.8556.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesus Villegas (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, June 01, 2009 - 02:23 pm:  Edit

Mr. Blasingame, you probably don't remember me, I worked for you while assigned to the CID Office in W.O. Darby, Nuernber, GE, you were on the first floor and I was in second floor as the evidence custodian. John Rumber?? was my SAC, this was around the time we deployed for Desert shield/Storm. Love to hear from you. 817-871-3250

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesus Villegas (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, June 01, 2009 - 01:58 pm:  Edit

Looking for the Nuerburg District CID agents that served in Desert Storm with the 6th MP Det.
i.e. Jack Kempa my partner, Mathew Maskowitz, my big friend with the red suspenders, John Haynes, Brian Grossman and everybody that was living with us at the 13th Evac Hospital Wisconsin, NG. Call me 817-871-3250 FWISD JROTC Dep. Love to hear from all of you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lee Blasingame (Lee_blasingame) on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 06:43 pm:  Edit

I would second that Glenn. I too have some memories of W.O. Darby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn M. Schultz (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 01:19 pm:  Edit

I will be glad to help out from the Beltway, but you have a treasure trove of information a lot closer in the person of Frau Luise Meir, who retired a year or two after we left Darby Kassern. Luise has photos going back to the early 1960's. She is an honorary CIDAA member and contact info is in the Gold Book

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J Arroyo (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 10:04 am:  Edit

Looking for any historical artifacts and/or pictures related to the 6th Criminal Investigation Detachment E and/or the Nuernberg District (building/personnel) for the 1002ND MP BN (CID), Bamberg, Germany, conference room.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: