William "Bill" Moore

CIDAA Forum: Hospitalization and/or Serious Illness (Public): William "Bill" Moore
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C. E. Martin (Cemartin) on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 02:01 pm:  Edit

Great news Warren. I am happy to hear he is on the mend. I know from personal experience that it takes time and support to reverse the damage. My prayers are with him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Cox (Warrencid) on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 11:00 am:  Edit

***UPDATE - BILL MOORE***
After spending almost a month in Florida and daily rehab sessions, Bill Moore is now back home in North Carolina. While he has been in Florida, he has not had access to many things (merchandise, mailing supplies, e-mail, etc.) he needed to fulfill any outstanding CIDAA merchandise orders. As he gets his strength back, he will be working on the backlog and appreciates everyone's patience and understanding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C. E. Martin (Cemartin) on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 09:27 am:  Edit

Does anyone have an update on Mr Moore? I sent an email several days ago regarding an order I made, but he has not responded. We did exchange email in Jan before he went home and he informed me he suffered a stroke. Here's hoping he is just fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 11:07 am:  Edit

Bill Moore called me yesterday afternoon (10 Jan 17) and advised me that he was checking out of the rehabilitation center and on his way home. He sounds very good and says he is feeling fine and is glad to be on his way home. His wife, Kathy, has been by his side during his hospitalization and rehabilitation and is to be commended for all her efforts in Bill's recovery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RobertJParrotte (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 04:55 pm:  Edit

Sorry to learn of your stroke. Nancy and I are praying for your complete recovery. Listen to your therapists. They know what they are doing.
LISTEN TO KATHY, IF SHE DOESN'T KNOW YET WHAT YOUR RECOVERY FROM A STROKE IS, SHE WILL SOON FIND OUT,
I an constantly amazed at how much Nancy has learned since my stroke. December must be a bad month for CID types--I suffered my stroke on 16
December 1990 and I am still kicking --just a lot slower.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 09:19 am:  Edit

Good to hear that Bill is doing so well. Thanks to God! All good news for a Happier, Merrier Christmas. Bill and Kathy, God bless you and yours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Cox (Warrencid) on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 11:35 am:  Edit

JoEllen and I spent some time with Bill and Kathy yesterday (12/22/16) at the rehab facility. The bleeding has subsided and they're workin' him pretty hard. He still has about 1 1/2 weeks at rehab and then, God willing, he goes home. Bill's goal is to be able to attend the Florida meeting in February and I'm sure he'll make it. Kathy's really doing a great job of assisting Bill and being his rock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John K. Boatwright (Jboatwri) on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 08:49 am:  Edit

Bill I will keep you and Kathy and the kids in my prayers. I know that this is a difficult challenge for you but you have always rose to the occasion. Keep the faith. All things are possible if we believe. I plan to be in the Asheville area during Christmas and I will give you a call and visit if you are available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E. Proof (Rproof) on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 04:57 pm:  Edit

So sorry to hear about Bill having a stroke. Monika Marlow and I will keep him and his family in our prayers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay Garbus (Jrg065) on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 10:36 am:  Edit

Hope Bill has a full recovery and back in short order. We will keep both Bill and Kathy in our prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles A. McNichols (Samcn0696) on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 08:49 am:  Edit

So sorry to learn of Bill having a stroke. My thoughts and prayers are with his loving family, and with Bill for a speedy and full recovery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W. Minton (Ken_minton) on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 07:40 am:  Edit

Wishes and prayers that Bill comes out of his illness 100%. Also, remember Kathy over the holidays.

Ken (and Elfie)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Cox (Warrencid) on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 07:48 pm:  Edit

On Monday, December 12, 2016, our Ways & Means Chair, Bill Moore, suffered a stroke and fell at his home in Whittier, NC. His wife Kathy was home at the time and immediately called 911; Bill was taken to Mission Hospital in Asheville, NC where he was diagnosed as still having a slight blood leak in the brain. Because of that, he remained in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) until Wednesday, December 14th. Doctors are not 100% sure, but think that Bill will regain most or all of the use of his left side, which was affected. Kathy has been with Bill the entire time and if he continues to recover, he will probably be transferred to a rehabilitation facility in Asheville on Saturday, December 17th.

Since Bill is our Ways & Means Chair, he handles all of the orders for CIDAA merchandise. When I talked with him earlier this evening, he said he did not know when he might be back home again and he cannot do anything on any pending or in-coming orders (cash checks, send merchandise, etc.) until then. Because of that, if you have sent an order for merchandise, it very well might be delayed for, at present, an undetermined length of time.

Please pray for Bill and Kathy and their family, and for those who are treating Bill. You can contact him on his cell phone if you wish (itís listed in the Gold Book), but be aware of his situation (recovering) and location (in a hospital), so he may not answer immediately - or at all, and he may not be able to talk very long.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: