Tom Wilkin reported in serious condition

CIDAA Forum: Hospitalization and/or Serious Illness (Public): Tom Wilkin reported in serious condition
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brauner (Bob) on Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 10:18 pm:  Edit

So, to put an end to this thread. I Spoke to Tom several day ago, and full recovery is the end game very many moths ago , and he is kicking and taking names since then.. His is a bestee and friend, and I just say 10-98" end of mission.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brauner (Bob) on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 10:00 pm:  Edit

I just got off the phone with Tom. He wanted everyone to know how grateful he is for your concern and well wishes. It is close to a miracle he is still with us, after listening to his ordeal. Without the long version, he is stable and in a rehab center. All his organs are normal but he lost muscle mass and control of his legs and is in intensive daily therapy to strengthen his legs and is learning how to walk again. He says the therapy is going well, and absent any complications says he will leave the hospital by the end of August using only a cane. He will then continue therapy at home until he is fully recovered. No more tobacco or alcohol for the rest of his live, and he is comfortable with that. In his work, live over liquor. I told him about your postings her on the CIDAA site, and he assured me he would catch up with all of you when he is back in the saddle again (its an Arizona thing I am assuming). His quick wit and humor are as evident as ever, and his ability to express the situation through his uncanny humor is back in full force. Taking nothing away from the seriousness of the situation, but according to Tom it was a close call. But he is back, and for that we Praise the Lord, He has risen indeed. Best to all. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 06:43 am:  Edit

Bob, glad to get this encouraging news. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brauner (Bob) on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 08:01 pm:  Edit

Tom is doing well, considering what he's gone through. He is awake and alert (and angry that no one will give him water!), but his lungs are not functioning properly, and he's still on a feeding tube because he can't eat or drink. He'll probably be transferred to another hospital where they can better handle his respiratory issues. Overall, the prognosis is good, but still not completely out of the woods ye

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Allgood (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 12:36 am:  Edit

I am very sorry to hear this Info about Tom! I will keep him and his Family in my prayers. Hang in there Tom and get well!

Respectfully,
Chuck Allgood

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Allgood (Chuckoig) on Monday, July 27, 2015 - 01:21 am:  Edit

I am sorry to hear the news about Tom. I will keep Tom and his family in my prayers.

Hang in there Tom and get well soon!

Respectfully,
Chuck Allgood

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 07:09 am:  Edit

Really sorry to hear this news. Prayers for Tom and his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Khin (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 03:36 pm:  Edit

John and Anita Khin here. We are in direct contact with Carmen, and one of us is planning on flying out to Phoenix in the next couple days to be with Carmen as she deals with this crisis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dan white (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 03:12 pm:  Edit

My prayers go out to Tom and his family for a healthy recovery. HANG IN THERE TOM!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John R. Mays (John_mays) on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 01:12 pm:  Edit

Bob, received your e-mail concerning Tom. He and his Family are in our prayers. Hope to God, there is something they can do for him. John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brauner (Bob) on Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 01:11 pm:  Edit

Received a call from Carmen last night and he remains in critical condition. A friend posted this information on Facebook.I want to pass on some sad news regarding Tom Wilkin, who currently resides in Gilbert, AZ. Anita and I visited him about 3 weeks ago, and he and Carmen were doing great, and in good health. He had been diagnosed with gallstones recently, but did not consider it a serious problem. He was going to get it taken care of in the near future.
Unfortunately, several days ago, Tom experienced some pain in his abdomen after working around the house. Several hours later, after the pain increased, Tom went to the emergency room where they determined that his gallbladder had ruptured. This was a serious medical condition. The doctors put Tom in the Intensive Care Unit, and placed him into a medically induced coma to try and stabilize him, as he was in severe sepsis. As of yesterday, the doctors are very concerned that Tom may not recover from this condition. Tom is continuing on life-support at this time. Please keep Tom and Carmen in your thoughts and prayers. John Kihn
I am posting this to Tom's page in order to let as many of you as possible know what the situation is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Patalano III (Louispatalanoiii) on Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 07:35 pm:  Edit

Prayers needed for a CIDAA member - just received message Tom Wilkin is in serious or critical condition - Msg from Henry Mungle -

Lou, I just found out that Tom Wilken is in serious medical condition in hospital with a 15% chance of living. I am heading out the door now to the hospital in Gilbert, AZ to see his wife who is at his bedside in ICU at Mercy Gilbert, about an hours drive from me. Prayers are needed.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: