Larry Self

CIDAA Forum: Hospitalization and/or Serious Illness (Public): Larry Self
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Harrison (Michaelh) on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 12:53 pm:  Edit

Let me add my prayers and thoughts for Mr. Self and his family, from another one of those many faceless Agents (class 9-87)who recall his familiar greeting and instruction. Never did his "Good Morning Agents" greeting sound more powerful then the morning after the crime scene practical examination. It was that point that I really began to believe I would actually become an Agent. More importantly, his instruction and greetings reinforced my desire to become an agent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By raulxnm (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, January 09, 2011 - 03:32 pm:  Edit

Thanks for sharing Chief Ambrose. I was fortunate to be in one of Mr. Self's classes. "Good Morning Agents" was not only in class but us student agents would greet each other the same way. Yes sir, a first class individual. Prayers for him and his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles A. McNichols (Samcn0696) on Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 01:20 pm:  Edit

Between 1982-85, I served as Crime Scenes Branch Chief and fully concur with the previous comments. Larry always did his utmost to ensure that all "agents" in his charge left the "Hill" with the techniques and a thorough understanding of how to properly protect, process and document a crime scene. Also, many MP student officers left USAMPS with an understanding of CID crime scene processing as a result of his presentations to them. In my book, Larry was "top notch." Larry and his family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Seely Sr (42ndcsm) on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 04:17 pm:  Edit

I agree completly with Bill's comments. I worked with Larry at the CID Course and he was one heck of an instructor and person. Best of wishes to him and his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Stack (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 08:40 am:  Edit

Our thoughts and prayers are with Larry and his family. While recently in the area of the now deserted Crime Scene Hill, I recalled memories of classes there and Larry teaching us. His smile and "Good Morning Agents" helped relieve some of the stress at Crime Scenes back in the days before the computer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William R. Ambrose (Bill_ambrose) on Friday, December 24, 2010 - 05:34 am:  Edit

Prayers are needed for Larry and his family. I received word from Larry's wife yesterday that he is in rehab and has been diagnosed with terminal COPD. Larry is a retired MP MSG who after retirement went to work with the Secret Service on the LBJ detail. After leaving Secret Service he taught Crime Scenes and Protective Services at the CID school for years. I was very fortunate having him as an instructor when I was the Committee Chief of Crime Scenes from 79-81. I can still hear his booming voice greeting the class every morning by saying "Good Morning Agents". A first class individual who made a difference in the lives of a lot us out there today. Prayers are needed. If anyone wants to send Larry a Get Well or any other type of card his address is:
Larry Self
519 Astor Ct.
Dothan, Al 36301

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: