Francis "Robbie" Robinson

CIDAA Forum: Hospitalization and/or Serious Illness (Public): Francis "Robbie" Robinson
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Saturday, November 20, 2010 - 09:35 am:  Edit

Update on Robbie's condition from his wife, Dolores...not good. "Dick is now in Tate Hospice House, Linthicum, MD, and sleeping most of the 24 hours. Water is building up in his body and the Morphine they are giving him is slowing every organ down. He has lost most of his voice and we know he is trying to tell us something. It is very hard to see him in such a weak state. He can have visitors but I am afraid he won't be able to talk with anyone but he knows you are there."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Brown (John_brown) on Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 05:17 pm:  Edit

Got a message from Robbie's daughter Denise. He's still in the hospital holding his own. He really enjoys hearing from his old comrades. I gave her the link so she can check on here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 02:28 pm:  Edit

Robbie, a great guy and CID Special Agent--always helpfull to the field agents. Get well!
Our prayers are with you and your family,
Peter L. Comras (OPeter "B")

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Friday, November 05, 2010 - 01:11 pm:  Edit

"Robbie" was the CIDAA's Treasurer for a number of years until Bill Head took over, I think, in 1993. Our prayers are with him and his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tracy Usry (Tusry) on Friday, November 05, 2010 - 12:30 pm:  Edit

Denise,

I worked for and with your Dad in 1st Region and Korea. As a CID agent and mentor to younger guys he was outstanding. Never really had a harsh word for anyone, yet let you know whe he was displeased. Working and playing cards with him was a great pleasure.

I hope that he recovers from this present medical problem and continues to play cards in the future.

I would appreciate it if you would remember me to him and tell him I send my best and he will be in my prayers this evening.

He used to look at me when we were in 1st Region together and say "Son, you are unbelievable". I learned alot from him.

Respectfully,

Tracy Usry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Riffe (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, November 05, 2010 - 06:27 am:  Edit

Robbie's daughter contacted Landy Black on Facebook and sent him the message below. If anyone has a facebook page and would like to contact Denise, here is her profile address:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000229605286

"My name is Denise Robinson, my dad is Francis Richard Robinson (Robbie to the guys in the army) My Dad was in Army CID. He retired in January 1982. He was mostly stationed at Fort Meade. He was a CW4. He also attended the FBI National Academy when I was younger. I believe for a while Dad was the secretary the CID Agents Association. I remember he use to drive up to above Waynesboro, PA to play cards and meet with some of the other retired agents.

Mom still works at the Fort Meade CID Field Office. I was there when they dedicated the building to Harry Duckett. When I was little, when schools were closed I used to play under my dad's and Mr. Duckett's desk.

Currently I am on facebook at Baltimore Washington Medical Center. Dad was admitted last Wednesday and is not doing too well. He has been battling Cancer for five years. They inserted a feeding tube in him Monday. He has several infections. Tomorrow they will be removing fluid from around one lung, then Friday they will do the same for the other.

Earlier when mom was here I was on Facebook. She said she was told from one of the agents that CID had a facebook page....I think she was hoping to find some of Dad's old friends that he lost touch with. I was hoping to find a write to button so I could write explaining who I was.

I know Dad is not really talking, mostly sleeping, but I know if I could tell him I heard from some of his old buddies, it would make him smile.
Whenever I drove Dad to his chemo he would tell me stories from the good ole days of CID. he really loved it.

Thank you so much for your time. Take care.

Denise"

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: