Ken Arthur, In Serious Condition

CIDAA Forum: Hospitalization and/or Serious Illness (Public): Ken Arthur, In Serious Condition
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan White (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, December 31, 2010 - 09:23 pm:  Edit

Hey Mike -- I fully agree with you about Ken -- those were sure the good old days!! Good to see your name...been awhile, I wish you well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Seely Sr (42ndcsm) on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 04:16 pm:  Edit

Ken and I worked together in Germany and I remember him as one heck of a person. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and Lynn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 04:45 pm:  Edit

Email me for an address and phone number (CIDAA1@comcast.net), Mickey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Friday, October 22, 2010 - 08:32 am:  Edit

Ken is living at a retirement home in Concord, NC next to his brother Butch. He is doing much better! He had a total hip replacement, but is getting around on his own, which is good news. The bad news is that Lynne, his wife, is with her son in Virginia, very advanced with Alzheimer's and Ken can not adequately care for her. A very sad situation indeed. I will get an address for him and know he would love to hear from everyone. I plan to visit him in the next two weeks and can give a better assessment then. (Thanks to Jesse Harris for this update.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 05:13 pm:  Edit

I visited very briefly with Ken this afternoon (4 June). He's a very sick man but in relatively good spirits. I don't like to tire sick folks out so didn't question him much, but, I was left with the impression that he had a heart attack or a stroke about three months ago, went into rehab somewhere locally, and had a stroke while in rehab. The doctor visited while I was there. They want him to go back to rehab as soon as possible but that is delayed by the fact that he hasn't been able to stand or walk on his own. Also, he is very worried because Lynne isn't well. His plan, if things work out, will be to move closer to, or even in with, one of their sons at some time in the future. He's well taken care of in a new section of University Hospital, room 323, Augusta, GA, which was recently opened for "heart and vascular" patients. Cards will be welcomed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 12:48 am:  Edit

Posted by Jesse Harris on 3 June 2010. jhar53@netzero.net Reposted here by Moderator

I was contacted by Lynne Arthur today who stated that Ken Arthur, retired SA/E8 is in serious condition at the University Hospital, Augusta, GA. Many know Ken from USAEUR Level-1 and HQ-CID Command. After retirement, Ken was Captain, Georgetown, SC PD; Chief, Walterboro, SC PD and Chief, Pendleton, SC PD. He retired in 03 and moved to Augusta, GA. He would love to hear from all who remember and worked with him!

Need to clarify Ken's retirement. He retired from civilian law enforcement in 2003 and moved to Augusta. I believe he retired from CID in the late 80s. Talked with Lynne today and Ken's condition has not improved. Please keep them in your prayers...

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: