"Flip" Feher - Illness

CIDAA Forum: Hospitalization and/or Serious Illness (Public): "Flip" Feher - Illness
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 10:30 am:  Edit

Flip passed away this morning, 22 July 2010. See the posting and future entries under "Deaths - Public".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Saturday, July 17, 2010 - 10:27 pm:  Edit

Spoke to Steffi and Flip's condition remains the same--no improvement with the pneumonia, plus he suffers from additional infections.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. White (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 01:21 am:  Edit

Pete -- I want to also thank you for checking on Flip and Steffi and keeping us informed. Please pass on my best and let them both know they are in our thoughts and prayers. Flip brought me into the program at the 4th MP Det (CI)at Ft Myer, VA, back around 1969-70.
> Dan White

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles A. McNichols (Samcn0696) on Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 09:58 pm:  Edit

Pete: Along with the others, I, too, would like to thank you for taking the time to post updates on Flip's condition. As a former "Feher's Flatfoot" of Det A, 8th MP Gp [CI] way back when, Flip and Steffi are special in my thoughts and prayers. Again, thanks! ~~Chuck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 09:24 pm:  Edit

I spoke to Steffi this eve and Flip had a "bad day" today. Flip's being treated with strong antibiotics for the antibiotic resistant, strain of pneumonia he has contracted.

The antibiotics are so strong that Flip's kidneys are being injured. Accordingly, his meds are supposed to be changed. Flip's pneumonia is not getting better.

Due to trouble swallowing, Flip eats pureed food--that is when he is actually given the food. Steffi said that, at times, Flip's food has been left on a cart outside the door of his hospital room. Hence, Steffi is at Flip's side at 8 AM.

Your prayers are needed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard S. (Dick) Stoyko (Dick_stoyko) on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 09:42 am:  Edit

Thanks for the update Pete. We're all pulling for you Flip. God Bless You.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 01:37 am:  Edit

Dear Brothers and Sisters,
I spoke to Steffi late afternoon, July 4th. Flip's condition remains plagued by complications of and by pneumonia. He's being fed and medicated by IV.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary E. George (Gegeorge) on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 11:04 am:  Edit

Thanks for the update Pete. Please keep us posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Monday, June 28, 2010 - 05:32 pm:  Edit

I spoke with Steffi yesterday and she said that Flip is back in hospital--pneumonia either recurred and or it remained (undetected) and he was released from the hospital too early.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 03:47 pm:  Edit

About 3:15 PM, today, Steffi left a message for me reporting that, Flip was taken to hospital on Sunday past with serious breathing problems--not a heart attack as originally thought, but related to pneumonia et al. Steffi also said that, when he is released from the hospital (unknown at this time, he will go into an assisted living type facility as he cannot stand, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Monday, June 14, 2010 - 09:18 pm:  Edit

Following information posted by Peter Comras on 14 June 2010; moved here by moderator

This past Saturday, my wife (Myrna) and I visited with Steffi and Flip Feher at their home in Port St. Lucie, FL. Flip (93 w/b 94, Dec. 28)is in pretty bad shape, both physically and a bit less so mentally. His many, serious illnesses are incurable. Steffi, his lovely bride of over 50 years, does the best she can to cope, however she needs and has in-home health care during the day Mon. thru Fri. Steffi turns off the telephone as its ringing bothers Flip, hence, the only way to communicate with them is "snail mail." Flip has always said that he was "BC" (before cmputers).
RMPOA members have his address in its Roster. Anyone who desires their address may contact me, by email: drplc@att.net or call me @ 561-496-1567. Steffi and Flip would love to hear from their many friends--send cards, notes or whatever. Step up to the plate sisters and brothers for one of our Best. Thanks, Peter L. Comras.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By emanuel j barone (Emanuel_j_barone) on Saturday, May 15, 2010 - 10:32 pm:  Edit

Wish you well chief, and thanks for everything back in 1968.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Monday, April 05, 2010 - 12:34 pm:  Edit

Unfortunately, Flip will not "get well". It's downhill from this point on. Also, he and Steffi have never been online. The only way to contact them is via snail mail. They do, of course, have a phone but Steffi has reported that she keeps it turned off because even the phone ringer aggravates Flip these days. That won't be so unusual for those who know him. Flip "is Flip". Please email me if you want the address. (CIDAA1@comcast.net) Thanks, Mickey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. White (Danwhite1176) on Tuesday, March 09, 2010 - 10:54 am:  Edit

Anyone in the Florida CIDAA Chapter have an update on Chief "Flip" Feher's condition since Mickey posted on 01/18/10?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger N. Fry (Rnfry0008) on Monday, March 08, 2010 - 05:56 pm:  Edit

Get well Chief. You're the greatest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl A. Bandy (Carl_bandy) on Friday, February 19, 2010 - 11:07 pm:  Edit

Best wishes to you Chief. You were an inspiration to a lot of us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dannie Taylor (Danniet) on Sunday, February 14, 2010 - 01:56 am:  Edit

He was the best person I ever worked for in CID. I get a Christmas card every year from him and Stefi. Will try and call her.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. White (Danwhite1176) on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 11:52 am:  Edit

GET WELL CHIEF.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard S. (Dick) Stoyko (Dick_stoyko) on Friday, January 22, 2010 - 07:37 pm:  Edit

They don't come any better than "Flip". He is always there for you and was always an inspiration to those who served with him. Get well "Flip". Our prayers are always with you. Kumi & Dick Stoyko

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Monday, January 18, 2010 - 10:12 am:  Edit

CW4 (Ret) Andre C R "Flip" Feher turned 93 years of age on 28 December 2009. Flip has been experiencing numerous health problems in the past few years. Most recently, last week, he fell and broke his hip. He's currently in hospital but expected to go to a rehab facility soon. Please keep him and his wife, Steffi, in your prayers.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: