Prayers for My Son (Donald Albright III)

CIDAA Forum: Hospitalization and/or Serious Illness (Public): Prayers for My Son (Donald Albright III)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Sunday, February 21, 2010 - 02:25 pm:  Edit

Don - Great News!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl A. Bandy (Carl_bandy) on Friday, February 19, 2010 - 11:06 pm:  Edit

Don this is great news and I wish your Son continued good progress. He will continue in my prayers.
Thanks for your help also with Jim's Grandson. He also appreciates it. God Bless and take care of all of you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. White (Danwhite1176) on Friday, February 19, 2010 - 11:27 am:  Edit

A positive update!!! That's GREAT news Don!! Don III is a fighter and didn't give up -- just like his old man. Good thoughts and prayers continue from your CID family. You hang in there old buddy!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allbright (Don1952) on Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 11:57 am:  Edit

I wanted to take a moment to update everyone on the status of my son. The news couldn't be much better. He had a complete scan on 15 February. Today he was told the tumors are 95% eliminated. Of concern were the tumors in the lymph nodes; however, they have shrunk and he will not require surgery. They have taken him off one of his medications. He will continue two more rounds (two months) of therapy to ensure everything has been removed. Thank God he is on the road to recovery. Again, I want to thank everyone who offered prayers and kind thoughts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Manuel Gonzales (Uspa8966) on Tuesday, February 09, 2010 - 03:43 am:  Edit

Add my prayers for your son, Don. Keep the faith, as difficult it may be at times.

Semper Fidelis,

Manny Gonzales

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. White (Danwhite1176) on Saturday, February 06, 2010 - 11:17 am:  Edit

Don: Happy to read your son is doing better!! The care, positive thoughts and prayers will continue. The CID Family never gives up.

Danno

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allbright (Don1952) on Tuesday, February 02, 2010 - 05:37 pm:  Edit

I want to take a moment and extend a sincere heartfelt thanks to everyone who responded to my request for prayers for my son. It was incredible. I heard from people I hadn't heard from in years and others I didn't even know. It's times like these when you realize who your real friends are. The CID is truly a family and when you've stepped away from it for a while you tend to forget.Again, from the bottom of my heart I thank you. My son has gone through several series of the chemo therapy. There have been a few relative minor problems which are generally expected during the therapy and the medical staff at Syracuse University Hospital has been able to take of them. My son's biggest complaint, which is normal, is that he is often fatigued. On a positive note he is responding to the therapy. The largest tumor which was of the most concern in his lungs had already reduced in size from 17 to 10 mm during his last scan in December. He will have another scan on 15 February and hopefully the progress will be equally successful. Again, I thank you all again for your kinds words and prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard S. (Dick) Stoyko (Dick_stoyko) on Thursday, December 03, 2009 - 11:56 am:  Edit

Our prayers go out to you and your son for a full recovery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hiser (Mike_hiser) on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 09:24 pm:  Edit

Don:
I am so sorry to hear about your son "Don". I know as a parent that has got to be hard. I will be praying for strength, comfort and a sound mind for you and the medical staff and for healing for the younger Don. Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By LONNIE W. HARRELL (Lon_harrell) on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 01:01 pm:  Edit

Don, I am praying that all is okay with your son, Donald III.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl A. Bandy (Carl_bandy) on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 10:28 am:  Edit

Don, your Son will most definitely be in my prayers, as well as you and your Family. I also hope that you are able to find some enjoyment with your Family this Thanksgiving. Carl B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry W. Van Horn (T_van_horn) on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 11:52 am:  Edit

Don - My prayers are for Donald and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. White (Danwhite1176) on Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 11:50 am:  Edit

Hi Don - We go back a long ways my friend. You can depend on your CID Family for support and prayers during this troubling time. Your family and the medical staff will be in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us in the loop on your son's recovery.

Danno

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary E. George (Gegeorge) on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 12:04 pm:  Edit

Don, sorry to hear of your current situation. I'll put both Donald and you on my prayer list. Keep the faith.

Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerold J. Unruh (Jerry_unruh) on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 04:12 am:  Edit

Don, I'll keep you, your son, and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leanne Heggen Eckstein (Mammaeck) on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 08:36 pm:  Edit

My family will add your son to our prayers as he starts his treatment. You will all be in our prayers and thoughts.
Leanne Heggen Eckstein

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael J. Clifford (Mjclifford) on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 07:11 pm:  Edit

Don:

Joyce and I will have your son in our prayers at Mass on Saturday night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Branyon Boyd (Jim_boyd) on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 09:43 pm:  Edit

Don, to my knowledge, our paths never crossed during my 25 yrs with CID (1968-1993).That is immaterial. I'm still praying for your son, praying that God will direct each and every action of every member of the medical staff involved in his treatment. You mention that you are not normally a very reverent person. Now would be a good time to make a change. If I can help or guide you in that decision, don't hesitate to call me. I'm in the yellow book, or on line as sneakipeet@aol.com. Jim Boyd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 06:46 pm:  Edit

Don - Will pray for Donald. Russ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allbright (Don1952) on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 12:56 pm:  Edit

Those of you who know me know I am not usually a very reverent person. However, under the circumstances I am asking all of you to take a moment and say a prayer for my son (Donald III). He's 25 and was recently diagnosed with testicular cancer. Although testicular cancer is very treatable, his has spread to some of his lymph nodes and lungs, which makes it more difficult to treat. He will be starting chemo therapy within the week. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart - Don Allbright.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: