Thomas J. McGreevy Seriously Ill

CIDAA Forum: Hospitalization and/or Serious Illness (Public): Thomas J. McGreevy Seriously Ill
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Saturday, November 10, 2012 - 01:39 pm:  Edit

In the abscence of any further postings in almost two weeks about Tom's current condition, I spoke with Mrs. McGreevy by phone on Saturday afternoon, 10 November 2012. Doris advised me that Tom is in a Hospice, and his condition remains very grave. She has been advised that his passing is imminent. She requests that all who know Tom say a prayer for him in his waning hours, that God comfort him with a painless and peaceful departure. Tom has been my friend and mentor for almost 50 years. I feel certin that all who know Tom will agree; there will never be another one like "Tom" who was totally dedicated to the US Army CID. Carl Craig - Forum Modrator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ADDENDUM: Tom passed away on Sunday, 11 Nov 2012.

Please refer to the Death section for further postings about Tom, and obituary information as it becomes available Carl - Moderator

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick V. Garland (Pgarland6) on Sunday, October 28, 2012 - 01:41 pm:  Edit

I had an email from Clarence Romig who spoke with Doris McGreevey last night. The children of Tom and Doris were visiting to say goodbye and that there is "no hope." May Tom go painlessly and rest in Peace with our Lord!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Kangas (Cw5retray) on Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 10:58 pm:  Edit

Back in the late 60's I was serving on my first CID tour in Munich. I asked "Otto" our interpeter who had worked out of that office since shortly after War II, "Who was the best CID Agent you ever worked with"? He didn't bat an eye and replied, "Tom McGreevy". His answer did not surprise me one bit. I could spend a long evening telling Tom McGreevy stories but that one kind of says it all. A true "oner".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan E. Stein (Allans35) on Thursday, October 11, 2012 - 02:55 pm:  Edit

Tom McGreevy will always be remembered as a great representative of those things that are good in the Army CID.

He was one of my instructors when I went through the CID school, and later was in my chain of command when I was an instructor at the Polygraph School at USAMPS. If you played it straight with him, he looked out for you.

In recent years, he became a friend. Tom, other CIDAA members and I would gather for lunch once a month, and Tom would tell stories about the CID and people that he had known. Others would tell stories, but they never were able to stand up to his.

I pray for his speedy recovery and for his family to be comforted in these difficult times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan White (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, October 08, 2012 - 12:27 pm:  Edit

Thanks for the heads up Pete. I remember Tom McGreevy from the CID School House -- Ft Gordon. Always sadden to read of illnesses involving our "greats" -- those who help mould our own futures in the program and our careers. He will be in my thoughts and prayers -- as well as his family -- and a card will be in the mail today. Thanks Pete --- and you take care old friend!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 02:57 pm:  Edit

John "Jack: Fay reported to me that the famous, outstanding Thomas J. "Tom" McGreevy "is very seriously ill.

"Tom is currently in an assisted living facility and has no way of reading any messages that you may post here, nor can he talk to you by phone. If you wish, send a card to him at 3218 Inman Drive, NE, Atlanta, GA30319. If nothing else, his family will appreciate knowing the concern that you have for him."

Now a few words from me (Peter "B") about Tom. I imagine that most of our members know Tom from either having served under him, with him and or as he was an instructor at the CID Special Agents Course. Tom is one of the best in all of the above-mentioned categories. I was honored to have been mentored by Tom and worked under him when he was an SA, Ft. Devens, MA, in the early to mid-sixties.

What it amounts to ladies and gentlemen is that, one of the best of our own needs comfort and prayers, hence, let us all send him get well cards and, more importantly, keep him and his family in our special prayers.

Get well, Sir,
Peter L. Comras

First paragraph above edited by Webservant on 7 Oct 2012. Tom McGreevy's address is publicly available on the Internet. Cards and prayers are encouraged.