Bill Ambrose Hospitalized

CIDAA Forum: Hospitalization and/or Serious Illness (Public): Bill Ambrose Hospitalized
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary E. George (Gegeorge) on Sunday, August 12, 2012 - 01:00 pm:  Edit

I just got off the phone with Bill. He has been transferred to a rehab facility; not the same one that dislocated his hip. He sounded pretty good given everything that he has gone through. He is still on a feeding tube as he hasn't mastered the art of swallowing yet. I don't know how he can stand this but he hasn't had any water in over a month. Sure they can keep him hydrated with an IV but a dry mouth would drive me nuts. He says he was told that it will be about 90 days before he is back to normal. I sure hope he doesn't have to stay where he is for another three months. I'd like to see him be able to stay at home and go to the facility for outpatient rehab. As you can imagine he misses his dog. I asked if there was anything he wanted me to do for him and he asked that I let everyone know that he is hanging in there and appreciates the prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Kangas (Cw5retray) on Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 02:35 pm:  Edit

Gary: Thank you so much for keeping us posted. You know how much those who know Bill care about him. Nice to hear a good report.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary E. George (Gegeorge) on Saturday, August 04, 2012 - 05:05 pm:  Edit

Just got off the phone with Bill. He is sounding better every time I speak with him. I asked him about his heart and he told me that it had been skipping beats but the meds they have been giving him have pretty much straightened that out. He is out of intensive care. He told me that he had just been up walking around some. He reports no pain when he is doing that. He expects them to test his ability to swallow again and if he can pass that they will remove the feeding tube and give him some real food. I'm sure that would be welcome indeed but I question whether or not there is such a thing as real food in a hospital. Bill expects that he will remain in the hospital for another week or two and then off to rehab. That was pretty much the extent of the conversation as I could tell he was getting tired. Wise cracks and his sense of humor were prevalent during our conversation. Keep those prayers coming.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Weeden Rockwell Nichols (Weeden_nichols) on Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 06:44 pm:  Edit

I car about a lot of us. Bill is one about whom I care. He is in my thoughts and prayers, such as they are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary E. George (Gegeorge) on Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 06:14 pm:  Edit

Bill was moved back to ICU a couple of days ago with an irregular heartbeat. It is still irregular whatever that means. I've asked for a definitive explanation of what the irregular heartbeat is and perhaps I'll learn something more tomorrow. Hank Williams, a mutual friend, has been visiting him every day and has pretty much kept me up to date. Unfortunately Bill does not have a phone in ICU so it has been difficult to speak with him; not impossible but difficult. Hank called me from Bills room today and I was able to speak with him for a few minutes. He sounded stronger then he has for quite some time. He can articulate himself well and there is no mistaking that its Bill on the other end of the line. He told me that he is feeling much better and his sense of humor is quite obvious. He is still on dialysis and I expect he will most likely not come off of it entirely. They had him wearing a hip brace for awhile but they have removed that. He now has a feeding tube and is getting nourishment. Bill has two sons and a daughter visiting with him and said they have already made arrangements for someone to insure his comfort and wellbeing when he gets out of the hospital. His pneumonia is not totally cleared up but his blood infections have pretty much been eliminated. I'm very pleased with the conversation that we had today. I think he is finally on the road to recovery. Please keep him in your prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By annelise alley (Alleycat) on Monday, July 30, 2012 - 05:18 pm:  Edit

You are in my prayers; dialysis will make you feel better

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John R. Mays (John_mays) on Sunday, July 29, 2012 - 04:47 pm:  Edit

Sad news about Bill, but he is a fighter, He and his family are in our thoughts and prayers. He is a Great guy and a Great Friend. John Mays

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Saturday, July 28, 2012 - 05:38 pm:  Edit

Just said a prayer for Bill. Hope for real improvement.

Russ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William F. Gunter (Tailgunter) on Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 02:40 pm:  Edit

Thank you for the information about Bill, give him our best wishes for a speedy recovery

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard B. Greaves (Dick_greaves) on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 04:24 pm:  Edit

Gary, thank you for posting the updates on Bill. He's definitely in our thoughts and prayers. ....Dick and Mary Ann

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary E. George (Gegeorge) on Monday, July 23, 2012 - 01:31 pm:  Edit

Things are not looking well for Bill. When he returned to the hospital from rehab last Monday the 16th he went back with a dislocated hip compliments of an over exuberant therapist. That was repaired the following morning without invasive surgery. He then developed pneumonia that is responding to treatment. His kidneys have deteriorated to the point that he will be put on dialysis later today. I am fearful for my dear friend. Please keep him and Sam Hui in your prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary E. George (Gegeorge) on Monday, July 16, 2012 - 08:55 pm:  Edit

I spoke with Bill a short while ago and he informed me that he was being transferred back to the hospital for emergency surgery to repair damage to his hip. He underwent five hours of therapy today and believes it was just too much for him to handle. They were loading him up as we were speaking and as you can imagine he was not in the best of spirits. Please help him through this ordeal with your prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary E. George (Gegeorge) on Saturday, July 14, 2012 - 10:59 am:  Edit

On July 13 Bill was transfered from the Brooksville Regional Hospital to the Health South Rehab Center also in Brooksville, FL. As I understand it he will undergo two weeks of therapy and presumably return home. Thanks to everyone for your prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Fenwick (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 12:58 pm:  Edit

Bill - Best wishes to you and get well soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary E. George (Gegeorge) on Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 04:39 pm:  Edit

Bill has had a total hip replacement. He was doing well in that he was pain free and able to get up and walk around. On Monday however he complained about difficulties in breathing and he was transfered to ICU. He was given oxygen and medication to increase the flow of urine. I spoke to him last night about 2100 and I was uncertain as to who I was speaking with and asked him three times if he was Bill Ambrose. His third response left no doubt. I spoke with him this afternoon and he sounded better and I could recognize his voice. His nurse told me that he is doing better today. He is eating some today and he is able to get up and move around periodically. I'm asking everyone that reads this to please do some high intensity praying for him. He needs your help. Thanks.

Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leanne Heggen Eckstein (Leanne) on Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 09:21 pm:  Edit

Get well soon, Bill!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary E. George (Gegeorge) on Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 10:53 am:  Edit

Bill had surgery yesterday. He had either a partial or complete hip replacement but he didn't know for sure as he had not spoken to the doctor since the surgery. I caught him as he was getting back in bed from sitting in a chair. He said he felt fine and was pain free. No knowledge as to when they will let him go home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Stowers (Restowers) on Friday, July 06, 2012 - 08:11 pm:  Edit

Haven't seen Bill for some time-please give him my best when you talk with him next.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan White (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, July 05, 2012 - 11:05 am:  Edit

Please keep us posted Gary --- and give my best to Bill when you have the opportunity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary E. George (Gegeorge) on Wednesday, July 04, 2012 - 07:55 pm:  Edit

Earlier this afternoon Bill took a fall in the kitchen and broke his hip. He is currently in the Brooksville Regional Hospital in Brooksville, FL. I spoke with him just a few minutes ago and he is pretty drugged up. He told me that he expects to undergo surgery sometime tomorrow. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Gary