James Kirk Pace a.k.a. JKP

CIDAA Forum: Hospitalization and/or Serious Illness (Public): James Kirk Pace a.k.a. JKP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William R. Ambrose (Bill_ambrose) on Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 01:54 pm:  Edit

I just received an email from Joe Couch informing me that Jim passed away at 0730 this morning, No further details known.
--------------------------------------
Please refer to Death Section for further details.
and additional postings. Forum Moderator

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William F. Gunter (Tailgunter) on Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 08:43 pm:  Edit

Concur, Jim is a great guy and will be missed by all. During a MPFU reorganization, I worked for Jim for a grand total of one week but seems as though I knew him most of my career. Bless you Jim and Family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John R. Mays (John_mays) on Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 10:41 am:  Edit

We all are so very sorry to hear the sad news about Jim. Our hearts and prayers go out to Jim and his family. God Bless them all. John Mays

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Tuesday, June 05, 2012 - 06:52 am:  Edit

Jim has been a good friend to a lot of folks for a long time. He is easy to be friends with. One of a kind. Breaks my heart that he has been suffering through this. Glad comfort is available for him. Violet and I pray that God will ease his way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Busby (Bob_busby) on Monday, June 04, 2012 - 03:51 pm:  Edit

Jim was my first partner in CID at Stuttgart, Germany...Great Agent and Great guy, he had his quirks and marched to his own drummer but didnt we all. When I arrived at Stuttgart from CID school, Jim was just in from his level one days, looked like hell, and was use to doing what he wanted when he wanted, did not want a probationary agent partner or any partner. My CID class was one of the first to arrive on station with real CID SA Credentials (Creds) and Gold CID SA Badge, but no one knew that yet or it did not click since I was still just out of school. The powers that be in Stuttgart thought I had probationary credentials and no badge when they assigned me to work with Jim. Jim and I were out and about for about a week before Jim noticed I had real creds and a real CID badge. On Friday evening about 5:00 PM when we returned to the CID office, Jim came over to my desk in the attic where I was working on 10 ROIs and dropped 10 more ROIs on my desk, and said Welcome To CID work and solve these, when youre done I will bring you more, and dont bother me unless you really need help! Jim felt that since I had the creds and the badge and he had evaluated me for a week, I should be working my own cases without him having to watch every move I made. Jim and I got along great and we ran across each other at various assignments after that, Jim is Jim and a real part of Army CID History. Prayers go out to Jim and his family in the battle with liver cancer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Thompson (Jthompson) on Monday, June 04, 2012 - 03:49 pm:  Edit

Jim was one of the good guys and will be missed by many. My thoughts and prayers for him and his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan White (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, June 04, 2012 - 10:43 am:  Edit

Thanks for all the great times and memories over the decades Jim. We had some good ones -- and made some good drug cases together back in the 70s when we were young and running around the streets in Germany -- the late night meetings in the Frankfurt Airport with other SAs. Fond memories dear old friend. You and your family are in the hearts and prayers of the CID Family during this difficult time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ralph J. Blevins (Cidralph) on Monday, June 04, 2012 - 06:34 am:  Edit

Jim, you and your family are in my prayers. Fond memories in Germany. Glad I could see you in Atlanta at the CIDAA dinner. Ralph

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Fenwick (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 06:54 pm:  Edit

Thanks for the information Steve. Of course I will keep Jim and his family in my prayers. Please keep us posted. Jim and I go back over 30 years back in Korea. A good friend and I hope he is being made comfortable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Volk (Ste3ven_volk) on Sunday, June 03, 2012 - 03:54 pm:  Edit

We have just been informed by Mrs. Margot Pace, Jims wife, that Jim is hospitalized in Atlanta in an advanced state of liver cancer (cirrhosis). Jim has been battling this malady since 2005 and now appears to be in his final stages of life. His kidneys are not functioning, he is being made comfortable (medicated) and provided oxygen. His speech is slow, nonsensical, and without orientation. His son, James Jr., an agent with ICE (stationed in Amsterdam) is flying home on Wednesday. Jims daughter, Natalie, is with her mother. Visitation is not encouraged. Please pray for JKP and his family.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: