Jim Squires - Hip Replacement Surgery - Heart Problems

CIDAA Forum: Hospitalization and/or Serious Illness (Public): Jim Squires - Hip Replacement Surgery - Heart Problems
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Monday, October 11, 2010 - 10:59 pm:  Edit

NEW MESSAGE
Posted on Sunday, Oct 10, 2010 04:01 PM

Jim Squires advised me that he just returned home (Yesterday - 9 October 2010) after five days in a Sullivan, MO Hospital. It started with back pains but the Doctor noticed leg and ankle swelling so they admitted him for heart problems. They put him on diruetics for 5 days. Jim says: "I've got to watch my diabetes pretty close also. Everyone be careful" JIM SQUIRES

Jim is listed on page 108 of the 2010 Gold Book
Carl - Forum Moderator

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Sunday, May 03, 2009 - 09:52 pm:  Edit

Sunday, 3 May 2009. I had a long talk with Jim Squires on the phone today. He reports that he is recovering exceptionally well. The hip replacement surgery was successful and he is now pain free. He's out of rehabilitation and walking freely with a cane and hopes to discard that in the near future. He visited his cardiologist Friday and was given a good report and a favorable prognosis. Jim expressed his appreciation to all those who sent notes and cards and to those who left messages on the website. He said that he expects to be back on the Net sometime soon. Carl - Moderator

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Weeden Rockwell Nichols (Weeden_nichols) on Sunday, April 05, 2009 - 09:11 pm:  Edit

I meant to say, "...and, possibly, Thailand."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Weeden Rockwell Nichols (Weeden_nichols) on Sunday, April 05, 2009 - 09:06 pm:  Edit

Dennis,

I can't give you all of Jim Squires' assignments. He retired from the Operations Officer position at Fort Riley CID. Before that, He was at USAMPS. He served some time in Okinawa, did at least one tour in Vietnam and, possibly, Okinawa. Early in his career, Jim was part of an MP honor guard commanded by a Lieutenant Timmerberg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard S. (Dick) Stoyko (Dick_stoyko) on Thursday, April 09, 2009 - 03:50 pm:  Edit

Jim also served in Japan. He was SAC at Camp Drake FO, when I was SAC at the Yokohama FO. After I returned to Japan from Vietnam, Jim had moved to take over the Camp Zama FO.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Jim.
Dick & Kumiko Stoyko

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis John West (Djwest) on Saturday, April 04, 2009 - 04:53 pm:  Edit

Could somebody tell me a little about Jim's CID assignments? I remember a Squires assigned to the Bamberg RA in 1973, is this the same?? Thanks,
Dennis J. West

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 05:52 pm:  Edit

Jim - Hope you are back Online soon! And - that your "Get-around" starts getting around in good order. Hang in there! God Bless You.

Also, want to thank Carl, Mickey and others for their attentive assistance in keeping us informed about our folks who are not up to doing it themselves. You are all good neighbors in a very good neighborhood. God bless you all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 12:11 pm:  Edit

Rick informs us that Jim is progressing well
and should be home in the near future, and can hopefully receive e mails at the listed address
on page 120 of the 2009 Gold Book

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 09:37 pm:  Edit

Updated information received from Jim's
Son, Rick, on Thursday, 26 Mar 09.
Posted by: Forum Moderator

"Just wanted to give everyone a quick update. My Dad had surgery on Monday as planned, the hip replacement went very well, no problems from that. However, he had a mild heart attack that day. They determined this the following day. On Wednesday they decided to move him to St John’s Mercy Hospital in St Louis, to the Heart and Vascular Hospital. They took him from the ambulance straight to the catherization lab where they basically confirmed what they already knew. The Dr. who did the procedure had actually done
his last catherization – he said there was virtually no change in his heart since the last time about a year and a half ago. So, they determined the apparent stress of the surgery was enough to upset his heart. He is doing progressively better and they expect he will be there through this weekend. They figure 4 weeks of rest and taking it easy… now the question is how does he do his physical therapy for the hip while taking it easy? They’re working on that now… Regards to all. Aloha, Rick Squires "

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 05:29 pm:  Edit

Jim Squires advised me that he will have hip replecement surgery on 23 March 09, at Mercy Hospital, Washington, MO. He says he will be out of circulation on the internet for about a week after surgery. A card or note of encouragement can be sent to Jim at the address on page 120 of the 2009 Gold Book. Good luck and a quick recovery Jim. Carl Craig

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: