Ruben Young In Hospital, Heart Attack and aneurism; Gravely Ill

CIDAA Forum: Hospitalization and/or Serious Illness (Public): Ruben Young In Hospital, Heart Attack and aneurism; Gravely Ill
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Williams (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, April 09, 2012 - 12:48 pm:  Edit

Ruben came in and replaced Roger Bays at Bragg shortly after I got back from Korea. Tough but fair. He went to bat for me when I needed a hand and I will always remember him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Patalano III (Louispatalanoiii) on Monday, April 09, 2012 - 02:39 pm:  Edit

Got the following bad news from a friend of Ruben Young's a few minutes ago: I am sorry to inform you but Ruben died at approx 12:30 today. Martha Chris and Katie were present. Martha said that Ruben wanted that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to the Wounded Warriors Project. Please disseminate this to whomever you think appropriate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William R. Ambrose (Bill_ambrose) on Sunday, April 08, 2012 - 01:46 pm:  Edit

In 1977 I attended the AIM course at McClellan and had the pleasure (Misfortune) of having to share a room at the Downtowner Motel in Anniston, with Rueben, He is the only person I have ever met who could out snore Bob Webb. Hang in there my friend, My prayers are with you during this trying time. Bye the way, Does anyone know the whereabouts of Bob Webb?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard B. Greaves (Dick_greaves) on Sunday, April 08, 2012 - 11:30 am:  Edit

Very sorry to read of Ruben's being in the hospital, and we'll keep him in our prayers. We also first met Ruben during his Fort Myer days, and it's been a pleasure to see him again, and Martha at the annual CIDAA reunions. Get well soon, Ruben. Warm regards, Dick and Mary Ann

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Kurtz (Unregistered Guest) on Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 05:06 pm:  Edit

Sorry to hear about Ruben. I was Ruben's team chief at Ft Gordon, GA during 1983 and 1984, and was one of the best supervisors I ever had in CID. He instilled a lot of fun while running a good office and solving a lot of crime. I consider him a very good friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dannie Taylor (Danniet) on Friday, April 06, 2012 - 11:31 pm:  Edit

Ruben and I came into CID at Ft Myer at the same time in 1969. He was a practical joker and we had loads of fun. Jane and Ruben (we called him RC back then) were very fine folks and we attended many functions together. You never had to look past Ruben for a good joke or fun. Tula and I are keeping Ruben in our prayers and wish nothing but the best for him and Martha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Friday, April 06, 2012 - 12:18 am:  Edit

Reuben,

We go way back when you were first assigned to the then 4th CID,Ft.Myer, VA. I recall that you then had what we needed in CID (you, too, Dan). Our prayers are with you and your family.
RC, please recover,
Peter L. Comras

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 11:41 pm:  Edit

Posted by Bob Gravier 04/05/2012

I just got a call from Ruben's wife Martha. Ruben had a heart attack on this past Monday and is on a respirator in a Huntsville, Alabama Hospital. Please keep Ruben and his family in your thought and prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 11:38 pm:  Edit

Posted by Dan White - Added to this Thread by Moderator

Saddened by this awful news regarding Ruben "RC" Young. RC and I go back to 1969-71 at the 4th MP Det (CI) Ft Myer, VA when we both first started out in CID. He and his former wife Jane played match maker and introduced me to my first wife.
I never held that against him. RC and I saw one another off and on over our careers and would talk frequently on the old autovon phone system. We were never stationed together again. You had to know and understand his humor and sometimes what seemed to be "abrasive." Inside he is just a big teddy bear. Good old time friend in my thoughts and prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 11:17 pm:  Edit

The below data was Posted by Carl Bandy in The Looking For Someone Thread based on previous entries, Looking for Ruben Young.
Moved to this thread by Forum Moderator.

Posted on CID Facebook by Dale Jeffries: 9:36 am Apr 5 Lon Pike asked me to post the following regarding Ruben Young: We learned last evening that Ruben Young is in the hospital in Huntsville, AL. He has suffered a heart attack and developed an aneurism and is currently on life support and not expected to live. His wife Martha is with him as are his children Katie and Chris. Lon Pike is in contact with Martha as are others who are trying to help her through this very traumatic and stressful time. More information will be posted as it becomes available. Dale Jeffries, Operations Officer.

I edited this as this appears to be on the public side and didn't want personal info there. God be with you Ruben and your family. Carl B.
---------------------------------------
Please publish any further entries reference Ruben's Hospitalization and illness in this thread. Moderator

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: