Request for Prayers - Paige Bandy

CIDAA Forum: Hospitalization and/or Serious Illness (Public): Request for Prayers - Paige Bandy
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl A. Bandy (Carl_bandy) on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 07:43 pm:  Edit

Dannie & Lynn, thank you for your offers, thoughts and Prayers. Dannie she really enjoyed talking to you.
To update, Paige had rectal surgery at St Josephs on Monday (2/2) and the rectal tumor was removed. It was larger than the surgeon first thought, about the size of a golf ball. We now have to wait for the lab results before they can start chemo and radiation on the lung tumor, it's about the size of a softball. They want to try and shrink that one before doing anything else. She has lost about 20 pounds in the last month and those who know Paige, know that is about 15% of her weight. Good Lord willing, we will get through this successfully. There is a website www.caringbridge.org/visit/paigebandy that is updated on her. It's a great place (like this one) where you can update a lot of people at one time, plus it is a lot easier to type the information than to talk about it. Carl B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wendell Lynn Karrick (Wendell_karrick) on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 12:42 pm:  Edit

Carl, I just read your message about Paige. Dora and I want you to know that our thoughts and prayers are with both of you. If there is anything that we can do let us know. We are just down the street.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dannie Taylor (Danniet) on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 02:52 pm:  Edit

Carl & Paige,

Just spoke with Paige and I'm so sorry I didn't know until I saw this posting about her issue. We are here just across the valley so if you guys need anything let Tula and I know. You will be in our daily prayers.

Dannie......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl A. Bandy (Carl_bandy) on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 05:30 pm:  Edit

Hello everyone. Tremendous Thank You's for your Prayers and well wishes. To update you, the oncologists have decided to first look at removing the rectal cancer before starting treatment on the lung. Before they say this for sure, Paige goes in for a PET scan tomorrow. She then meets with the rectal surgeon on 1/22. Everything seems to be moving at a snails pace but I keep being told to hold on. Paige is in great spirits and has a very positive attitude.
Again thank you all. Kumi give Dick my regards and well wishes. Seems like it was just last week I took you guys to get on the boat in Yokohama, not 38 years ago. Don, Ron, Frank, Russ & Kert, regards and God Bless you and your families. Carl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kert Bradford (Kmbrad) on Sunday, January 11, 2009 - 03:10 pm:  Edit

Carl, Paige is in our prayers and we wish the absolute full recovery for her.

Kert and Mary Bradford,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard S. (Dick) Stoyko (Dick_stoyko) on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 05:54 pm:  Edit

Paige you are in our prayers. Dick just went through his second bout of cancer in the past 12 years and it appears that all is well. We know what you are going through, but stay positive and remember when you put yourself in the hands of the Lord, he will guide you through. Your friends from Japan.

Kumi & Dick Stoyko

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 07:57 pm:  Edit

Carl - of course Violet and I will remember Paige and you in our prayers. God Bless you both!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank M. Woods (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 09:10 pm:  Edit

Carl and Paige....have faith. You will be in my prayers. I am a cancer survivor so I know the power of the Lord when you truly believe. Hopefully the chemo and radiation will work so an operation can be accompished.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allbright (Don1952) on Tuesday, January 06, 2009 - 12:11 pm:  Edit

Carl, All my prayers and hopes are with you and Paige. I wish you both the very best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald O. Oakes (Ron41) on Tuesday, January 06, 2009 - 08:54 am:  Edit

Carl, Teri and my thoughts and prayers are with you and Paige during this difficult time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl A. Bandy (Carl_bandy) on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 07:41 pm:  Edit

On Saturday, 12/27/08 I took Paige, my extra special wife and best friend of 44 years, to the Banner hospital emergency room with severe chest pain. A chest X-ray disclosed a large mass about the size of a baseball, on her left lung. Numerous tests, scans, etc., disclosed this mass as cancer in the 3rd-4th stage. Additional tests also disclosed a second, unrelated tumor in her rectal canal that is also malignant. Paige was discharged from the hospital on 1/3/09 and will begin chemo and radiation on 1/7 in attempts to reduce the lung tumor. If successful then determination will be made on surgery to remove both tumors. The Doctor pulled no punches and said we had a long way to go for success. Any and all prayers for her would be greatly appreciated as we need all the help we can get. Carl B.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: