Patrick V Garland

CIDAA Forum: Hospitalization and/or Serious Illness (Public): Patrick V Garland
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick V. Garland (Pgarland6) on Sunday, January 29, 2012 - 08:13 am:  Edit

Thanks, all!! Another update. The vascular surgeon wants to wait until my body completely heals before doing the aneurism repair. We have an appointment on the 15th of February and the procedure will be scheduled at that time. In the meantime, Betty and I are getting along okay, gaining strength each day

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank M. Woods (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 06:22 am:  Edit

Pat: Prayers for your speedy recovery, and that future procedures are positive. From one old agent to another, get healty, and God's speed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Frederick Sautter (Doc) on Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 07:48 pm:  Edit

Pat - We Send Our Best Wishes for a Speedy and Successful Outcome for Your Medical Issues.

The Atlanta CIDAA Group; Tom McGreevy, Charlie Cooper, Warren Cox, Bill Dortch, Charles McDaniels, Jack Fay and Doc Sautter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick V. Garland (Pgarland6) on Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 09:26 am:  Edit

Hi All:I will add a bit here and I appreciate the concerns. I was released from the hospital on Monday after they got control of the infections in my body. I have a follow-up with the gall bladder surgeon tomorrow and I have a tentative schedule to have the anurisms done on Wednesday of next week. Had I not gone to the ER last week, they would not have been discovered so the gall bladder attack was a blessing is disguise. Some of you may recall that in 1998, I had an aortic anurism rupture and things were touch and go for a few days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Art Gehrig (Unregistered Guest) on Saturday, January 21, 2012 - 10:23 pm:  Edit

Pat is on the mend. His Gall bladder was removed and further tests made that will determine any further proceedures. Sinda and I had a nice visit with him at the hospital. He seems to be doing well and out of the woods. Told me he hopes to go home this Monday. The aneurisms will be repaired when he is well enough to have it done. Pat and Betty send regards to all. Pat's mail box is full so hold further messages to him until he gets home. I will post any other turn of events. Art Gehrig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Friday, January 20, 2012 - 04:55 pm:  Edit

Folks, I received a phone call and email from Ruth & Clarence Romig upon return home from being out of town today. The edited email follows:

Pat Garland had a terrific pain in his insides about 5 days ago. Betty said that she took him to the Emergency Room at a nearby hospital which she can reach in about 7 minutes. Their daughter from Tennessee had come for the day, and is still there. The doctors discovered a gallbladder infection plus two aneurisms on opposites sides of his aorta. He was admitted and they removed his gallbladder which turned out to be much more complicated than anticipated. Meanwhile they are infusing antibiotics. Hopefully he will be rid of the infection within five days, so they can repair the aneurisms. Your thoughts and prayers will be appreciated. Cards to the address on page 32 of the 2011 Gold Book

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: