Larry Keith Nelson Hospitalization

CIDAA Forum: Hospitalization and/or Serious Illness (Public): Larry Keith Nelson Hospitalization
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Farrell C. Shiver (Sndili) on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 07:02 pm:  Edit

All,

I was just notified Keith Nelson passed away last night.

Services will be held on Saturday at Pensacola Memorial Gardens & Funeral Home, 7433 Pine Forest Road, Pensacola, FL 32526. There will be a public viewing at 10:00 and the funeral will be at 11:00.

http://www.pmgfuneralhome.com/index.aspx

Farrell Shiver

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Farrell C. Shiver (Sndili) on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 03:02 pm:  Edit

Update. Keith improved some yesterday and did not need to go to the hospice. He is still at home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Farrell C. Shiver (Sndili) on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 04:57 pm:  Edit

Contrary to what the doctor said in my earlier e-mail, Keith was able to go back home for a while. His condition is getting worse and he is going into a hospice tomorrow. The hospice is the Covenant Hospice at West Florida Hospital in Pensacola.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Farrell C. Shiver (Sndili) on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 09:33 pm:  Edit

Some of you know CW4 (Ret.) Larry Keith Nelson who retired as the Chief of the Questioned Document Division at USACIL in 1992. Keith has been battling liver cancer for the past several years and his health took a turn for the worse earlier this week following a surgery. He is in the West Florida Hospital in Pensacola. I spoke to his wife, Bobbie, who told me that the cancer is growing rapidly and there is no further treatment available. His doctor is pessimistic about him ever leaving the hospital. While Keith is conscious, he is not able to talk on the phone. Keith trained me as a QD examiner and I took over his private practice after I retired from USACIL. After Keith left private practice, he sold his house and bought a 41-foot sailboat. He sailed around the Caribbean, spending time in Mexico, Central America, and some of the islands. He was in Jamaica when he learned he had cancer and returned to Pensacola for treatment. Keith is a great guy and Iíve never heard anyone say an ill word about him. If anyone wants to send a card, e-mail me and I will provide Keithís home address.

Farrell Shiver

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: