Don Hayden Hospitalized

CIDAA Forum: Hospitalization and/or Serious Illness (Public): Don Hayden Hospitalized
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W. Minton (Ken_minton) on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 08:14 am:  Edit

Don,
I'm glad you didn't get hurt any worse. I retired last year as a full-time deputy with Hillsborough County (Tampa, FL), although I remained as a reserve. I never shot anyone (came close a couple times) and the worst I ever received was kicks, slaps, pushes, bites, etc., which sort of come with the turf. Regards to Bill Andrews, a sometime decent combat volley ball player at Ft Jackson CID. :-)
Hope to chat with you and Bill at one our CIDAA functions. God Bless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald A. Hayden (Don_hayden) on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 08:21 pm:  Edit

Hi all, I read often, post rarely. I wanted to thank all of you for your emails. Its nice to hear from y'all. As Bill posted, I will recover. I go in Monday for reconstructive surgery on my left index finger and thumb, but the doc's think I should get between 75-90 % use of my hand. All in all, I'll take it. I never was pretty, but now I'll have a 5 inchscar on my cheek. But I hear chicks dig scars! Bad guy lost his large intestine, bladder and some other innerds, but as of yesterday, he was in a coma, but alive.

Again, thanks for your emails.

Don Hayden
donald.a.hayden@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Brightbill (Brightbillc) on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 05:37 pm:  Edit

Not sure if you log in here, but hope you get better Don. I heard the damage to his hand was pretty significant. Don retired as a CW4 around the same time I did in 03/04.

Chuck Brightbill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William B. Andrews (Billandrews) on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 12:40 pm:  Edit

Don Hayden was shot two nights ago performing his duties as a Pulaski County Deputy Sheriff and is recovering in the Columbia Hospital, Columbia, MO. None of his injuries are life threatening. Apparently, he was responding to a domestic disturbance and chased the subject around the back of the house. At a point in time, the subject turned and fired three shots at Don. One shot went through his left hand, ricocheted up the handle of his weapon and grazed his cheek. The second and third shots struck his body armor, one in the chest and the other in his back, neither of them penetrating. Don was still able to draw his weapon with his left hand and fire 5-6 shots striking the subject in the hip area. Don will be in hospital, though not in the ICU, for 1-3 days. His email address is Donald.A.Hayden@Gmail.com.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: