Ken Hamilton - Illness/Request for Prayers

CIDAA Forum: Hospitalization and/or Serious Illness (Public): Ken Hamilton - Illness/Request for Prayers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 02:55 pm:  Edit

Folks, for all of you who do not know and some of you who do know. CW2 Ken Hamilton is one of my TC's here at PSB. I first met Ken in OIF-2, when we were both part of 22nd's rotation. I realized right off the bat what a great Agent/person he is. Next met him here at PSB, and was delighted to have the opportunity to work with him again. There's simply nobody I've met who works harder at what he loves best which is being a CID Agent, being a Warrant Officer, and taking care of Soldiers.

Ken was diagnosed over a month ago with a form of soft tissue sarcoma. It's one of 2 of the most rare (they're still not sure which of the two). He underwent surgery at Bethesda National Naval Medical Center 2 days ago. Surgeons removed a huge mass under his shoulder and were very pleased it went without incident as they'd been very concerned about possible paralization of the arm, or potential loss of same. Once done, they moved to the left lung, and removed 20 nodules there. Ken recovered very well in ICU, and was moved this afternoon to Ward 3 West
for further recovery. He will most likely be released Tuesday or Wednesday, and will spend further recovery time at home. In several weeks, he will return to Bethesda for the same issue on his right lung.

Ken has been remarkably strong about all this... and has remarked that this is God's way of making him stronger. Ken's wife Kristen is also doing very well, considering. So... my request: Please pass on to any and all who may know Ken. Once that's done, I'd request that any and all who see this entry, please send your wishes to Ken at the following personal email address:

krh5748@hotmail.com

It will be great if he has a lot of email greetings on his personal email when he gets home from the hospital! Please remember that he is both a New York Mets fan, and a Washington Redskins fan (as am I...Skins anyway). He loves to be kidded whenever the Mets lose (oh, did I mention that the Washington Nationals beat them 10 - 5 last night???). If anybody would like to give him a call, let me know and I'll provide
a cell #. Thanks to all, Steve
SA Stephen M. Grant CW5, MP
Operations Officer
USA Protective Services BN (CID)
(NOTE: Should you need more information, Mr Grant is listed on page 54 of the 2008 Gold Book.)

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: