Hospitalization Bill Ambrose

CIDAA Forum: Hospitalization and/or Serious Illness (Public): Hospitalization Bill Ambrose
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Askew (Larry_askew) on Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 07:48 pm:  Edit

Fantastic news Bill! Cancer didn't want to fight a tough old bird like you! Watch out for the sun-rays in Florida.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 06:20 pm:  Edit

Posted on Monday, January 23, 2012 - 05:37 By Ray Kangas

Yipee! You have made my day, Billy!!! Ray

Moved here by Moderator

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 06:17 pm:  Edit

Posted on Monday, January 23, 2012 - 10:40 AM By Bill Ambrose

I just got back from the Cancer Institute and got the results of my PET scan I had last Tuesday. I am happy to report that I am cancer free. Thanks for all the prayers that were headed my way. Bill

Moved here by Moderator

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Fenwick (Unregistered Guest) on Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 03:27 pm:  Edit

Hey Bill - Like everyone else, my thoughts and prayers are with you. In spite of the medical issues, I hope that you had a Happy Birthday and wish you many more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John R. Mays (John_mays) on Friday, January 13, 2012 - 11:45 am:  Edit

Happy Birthday Bill. You are always in our thoughts. John Mays

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Kangas (Cw5retray) on Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 07:59 pm:  Edit

You got 'em, Bill. You got 'em. Take an eight count and then get up and put a whipping on that opponent!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William R. Ambrose (Bill_ambrose) on Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 09:46 am:  Edit

Thanks for the birthday wishes Mickey and for the prayers in regards to my health problem. I reached the ripe old age of 82 today and I would boast that I have finally reached the same age as my IQ, but I passed that at least 10 years ago. In regards to my health issues, about two weeks ago i was hospitalized with fluid around the lungs. Around two liters of fluid was drained off and the doc's think that there may be some cancerous cells in that fluid. I am awaiting the resuslts of the test of the fluid and a PET scan to ascertain if I do indeed have lung cancer. I am thinking positive about this but I appreciate your prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 09:08 am:  Edit

Bill, happy birthday tomorrow, 12 January 2012. Have a healthy (healthier) long life. Your CID "family" is keeping you in their prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary E. George (Gegeorge) on Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 01:54 pm:  Edit

Bill was released from the hospital about 1700, 7 Jan 2012. His six day "rest" was anything but. I'm sure he will bring everyone up to speed when he is up to it. Prayers are welcome.

Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary E. George (Gegeorge) on Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 10:38 am:  Edit

I just got off the phone with Bill. I must say that he sounds a lot better today than he has been sounding. He was hoping that he would go home today but it's not gonna happen. Now that the docs have beat up on his kidneys to increase urine output they are now trying to minimize any problems they caused his kidneys. Bill says that he "thinks" he might be going home tomorrow. Prayers are welcome indeed. I'll let you know when he is released.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 06:08 pm:  Edit

Posted by: Dan White on Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 02:47 PM

Gary - please pass on my best to Bill and tell him he is in our prayers for a speedy recovery and back home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 05:58 pm:  Edit

Posted by Gary George on Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 11:02 AM

Bill Ambrose was admitted to the Spring Hill Regional Hospital in Spring Hill, FL on Jan 2, 2012 with breathing difficulties. His main problem was fluid retention which impacted his ability to inflate his lungs. He continues to undergo treatment and tests. No indication as to when he will be able to go back home yet. I'll post more as it becomes available. Prayers are requested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 09:55 am:  Edit

Message from Bill Ambrose, posted by Forum Moderator, Tuesday morning 26 July 2011.

"I was released from the hospital at around 1700 Monday afternoon. I am currently able to walk a few short steps at a time with the use of a walker and I am in considerable pain, especially with all those staples running up and down the inside of my right leg. I want to thank the few of you who honored my request for not sending me any emails while I was away from home but for the more than a few who did not honor my request, I hope there was nothing important in the 158 emails I had when I opened up my computer this morning because the very first thing I did was delete every one of them as I do not feel like muddling through them at this time. It is good to be back home. Bill"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please honor Bill's request about postings here and E-Mails, until he personally confirms that it is OK. Moderator

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 06:26 pm:  Edit

Today, 19 July 2011, Bill sent many of his correspondents, including me, the following request:

"As of today please stop sending me emails or posting messages to the website, until I post a message advising you that it is okay to do so again. Tomorrow I go into the hospital for surgery on my right leg. I have no idea as to how long I will be in there. The right leg is completely blocked with plaque and the surgery will require a bypass from the area around my groin down to my ankle. After this one is done, in about 6 weeks they will do the same on the left leg. Thanks. Bill Ambrose"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please keep Bill in your thoughts and prayers.
Since he will not have access to his computer, and can not view anything posted to this website please send him cards or words of encouragement to the address listed on page 3 of the 2011 Gold Book. Anyone who lives in a close proximity of Bill and able to visit him while hospitalized, please report his progress here. Thanks...Carl - Forum Moderator

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Somerset Jones (Somerset) on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 10:07 pm:  Edit

Bill, I hope you get well and have the surgery. I still have paranoid thoughts when I shake hands and the person used two hands since you often did so and I noted the digging of your thumb into the back of my hand. I guess only time will cure this. Keep in touch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Kangas (Cw5retray) on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 11:12 am:  Edit

Hang tough, Billy! You have lots of good guys (and gals) in your corner. Take a standing "9 Count" and come out swinging.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Volk (Ste3ven_volk) on Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 03:39 pm:  Edit

Bill, hereís wishing you a short and successful stay at hospital, and hopefully a quick road to recovery. Itíll never be as good as it was in the Ď70s, but I pray that youíll be around for years to come, and as Lee wrote, hope to see you in Charleston.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lee Blasingame (Lee_blasingame) on Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 08:08 pm:  Edit

Bill, hope your feeling better and you get that old blood a pumpin soon. You have got to make it to Charleston this year.

Thoughts and prayers are with you my friend!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Allgood (Chuckoig) on Sunday, July 03, 2011 - 10:05 pm:  Edit

Hi Bill,

I hope that you get better soonest!

Hang in there! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Respectfully,
Chuck Allgood

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Sunday, July 03, 2011 - 03:56 pm:  Edit

Update on Bill's medical problems. He shared this E Mail with many of us today.

"Had the angiogram on Friday afternoon which showed a heavy plaque buildup in both legs; however the angiogram indicated that my biggest problem is my kidneys which evidently are in very bad shape. I was discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon and no surgery on the legs will take place until the problem with my kidneys are resolved or get better. In the meantime these old worn out jay bird legs are hurting and I sure will be glad when this is over with. Thanks for all the prayers and best wishes."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary E. George (Gegeorge) on Friday, July 01, 2011 - 11:47 am:  Edit

I just spoke to Bill a few moments ago. He is heading for surgery this afternoon. Prayers on the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leanne Heggen Eckstein (Leanne) on Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 05:40 pm:  Edit

Sending many prayers for a successful surgery and a very fast recovery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 04:29 pm:  Edit

Bill advises that he will be admitted
this afternoon, 30 June, and surgery will be
performed sometime over the week-end. He asked that we all keep him in our prayers for successful surgery and a great prognosis.
Carl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William R. Ambrose (Bill_ambrose) on Monday, June 27, 2011 - 01:45 pm:  Edit

I just wanted to clarify the reason they called off the surgery on Friday. The main reason is that they ran out of leeches in the operating room. Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Dunaway (John_dunaway) on Monday, June 27, 2011 - 12:27 pm:  Edit

Chief, the wife and I have you in our prayers for a quick and uneventful recovery.. Big John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John R. Mays (John_mays) on Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 05:44 am:  Edit

Bill, hang in there. Our prayers are with you old friend. John Mays

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Friday, June 24, 2011 - 03:15 pm:  Edit

Just got a note from Bill. Says his surgery will be delayed until after an angiogram is done on Tuesday, 28 June, to determine the probability of other blockages. Updates will be posted. Hang Tuff Bill. Lets all keep Bill in our prayers. Carl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By LON W. HARRELL (Lon_harrell) on Friday, June 24, 2011 - 04:23 am:  Edit

Bill Ambrose is having vascular surgery on both legs, Friday, 24 June 2011. Praying for a fast recovery. According to Bill's Facebook post, he served 34 years in the military...26 w/CID...

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: