Marshall Thomas Illness

CIDAA Forum: Hospitalization and/or Serious Illness (Public): Marshall Thomas Illness
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger R. Caron (Kegulee) on Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 09:17 pm:  Edit

Marshall, you have to beat this for yourself, your family and every body who cares for you. will see ya at our next golf tourney...God bless partner. roger caron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doc Sautter by way of email to Ed German (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 08:44 pm:  Edit

Found these in one of my mail folders this evening... Apologies for delayed posting. Members and visitors, please remember that you may post here even if you have no password. Members, please email Carl Craig and Ed German at their email addresses in the Gold Book if you need help with resetting your password:

On May 9, 2011, at 8:27 AM, "William Sautter" <mountain@ellijay.com> wrote:

Hello Ed

Please post the following;

Everyone is encouraged to follow Marshall Thomas’s progress in his fight with lung cancer by logging into CaringBridge.org.  To find the postings by his daughter, Vikki,  go to the page that says, “Visit a CaringBridge Website.”  In the block that says “Enter Website Name,” enter marshallthomas.  Please notice it is one word, two l’s in marshall and no space between the names.  I’m sure Marshall would appreciate your leaving a message in the guestbook. 

Doc Sautter for the Atlanta Group

On Apr 26, 2011, at 3:54 PM, "William Sautter" <mountain@ellijay.com> wrote:

Hello Ed

Please post this link to CaringBridge for Marshall Thomas.  Thanx.

Doc Sautter

Dear Family and Friends,

A CaringBridge website was created to share health news and receive support.

Visit in three easy ways:

1. Visit on the web by clicking either link below.
        Full Site: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/marshallthomas
        Mobile: http://m.caringbridge.org/visit/marshallthomas

2. Enter the site name, marshallthomas, at www.caringbridge.org or m.caringbridge.org.

3. Enter the site name, marshallthomas, on your CaringBridge iPhone or Android app.

When you visit you’ll be asked to log in, because I’ve chosen to keep the site private.

Show your support
• Visit and keep up to date.
• Leave a message in the guestbook.
• Receive e-mail notifications when the journal is updated.

Thank you.

Vikki Oshirak (Marshall’s daughter)

CaringBridge is a free, nonprofit web service that connects people experiencing a significant health challenge to their family and friends, making each health journey easier. Feel free to contact CaringBridge if you have any questions about using the site or need assistance.

If your e-mail program does not allow you to click on the above link, just copy and paste the address into the address bar of your web browser.

Please save this e-mail for future reference.

On Apr 25, 2011, at 10:40 PM, "William Sautter" <mountain@ellijay.com> wrote:

Hello Ed…….Please Post.  Thanx.  Doc Sautter

Friends/Family

Dad’s checkup on April 21 went well, according to the medical staff. Apparently, all of his numbers from the lab work are in the acceptable range, so there are no changes being made. He wasn’t resting well, however, so a prescription for Restoril was written, and is working well. His white blood count is down to 2.9 – I seem to be the only one concerned about that. He did lose another 2 pounds, even though his appetite is strong. He didn’t get the “metallic mouth” that we hear so much about; instead, he gets an overly sweet aftertaste! Go figure.

This upcoming week (April 28th) will involve lab work again, and a consult with the doctor. The following Thursday, April 5, chemo will resume.

The beat goes on.

Thanks for prayers and encouraging emails!

Vikki

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Moody (Rob) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 05:48 pm:  Edit

My old friend. You are in my prayers. Just remember that single malt is the cure for many diseases.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TC Jones (Tc) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 10:47 am:  Edit

Marshall, You are in our thoughts and prayers as you face this challenge. All of the "old soldiers" are pulling for you.
God Bless, TC Jones

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 01:29 pm:  Edit

Marshall, I know if anyone can beat this, it will be you. You and your Family are in our thoughts and Prayers. God Bless and know we are all here for you. John Mays

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Weeden Rockwell Nichols (Weeden_nichols) on Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 10:34 pm:  Edit

Marshall, you are someone for whom I have tremendous respect. I wish you well with all the concentration and energy I possess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew J. Smith (Andy_smith) on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 10:49 pm:  Edit

We were sorry to learn that Marshall has lung cancer. We pray that the chemo treatments won't be too harsh. We will keep he and Ann in our thoughts and prayers. We, also, hope to see them in Charleston this fall.
Andy Smith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doc Sautter (Unregistered Guest) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 07:12 pm:  Edit

The following update from Marshall Thomas' daughter was forwarded by Doc Sautter to the webservant for posting on 16 Apr 2011:

I am forwarding this update on Marshall.  I have asked Ms. Vikki to consider registering Marshall on the CaringBridge.org website so all may see and respond directly.

Doc Sautter

-----------

Subject: April 15 Update on Dad

Hi all,

Dad didn’t sleep last night, and was exhausted today. Said he wasn’t physically uncomfortable – that he was just thinking and couldn’t turn his brain off!  Day two of chemo took place today, and also went smoothly. Treatment took longer than anticipated, as he was a little dehydrated and needed a bag of saline, in addition to the chemo. He napped a little during the treatment, and when we got him home, said he was ready for bed. When I called Mom at about 5:00, he was sleeping.

So – all in all, not a bad start. His appetite has been good, though he has lost 5 pounds in the last 3 weeks, which the doctors will watch closely. I will keep you posted on an every-other-day basis.

Thanks for your support – keep the prayers coming.

Vikki

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ralph J. Blevins (Cidralph) on Friday, April 15, 2011 - 06:47 pm:  Edit

Marshall,
First, I pray for you and your family. Marshall was my Ops twice at Fort Sheridan,IL. I next saw him last year at the annual meeting, which was a treat. Get well soon, my friend.

For Vikki, check out Weston A. Price Foundation for good healthy practices.

God Bless
Ralph Blevins

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doc Sautter (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 10:41 pm:  Edit

The following update from Marshall Thomas' daughter was forwarded by Doc Sautter to the webservant for posting on 14 Apr 2011:

Hi all,

First chemo treatment went, well… uneventfully. This is a good thing, yes? Dad received two anti-nausea  drugs before the chemo, and seemed to tolerate everything quite well. We go back tomorrow morning, for another round. Pray for a peaceful evening for him. Mom is holding her own, and is busy making plans for healthy eating, to keep his weight up. I am reading everything I can about nutrition, because I KNOW that if the “terrain” can be altered, healing will take place.

Thank you to all who send notes of love and encouragement. You are greatly appreciated, and  I will continue to keep you posted.

Love
Vikki

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John DuBois (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 05:41 pm:  Edit

I served with Marshall in Vietnam during 1967 and have visited with him during the annual meetings. What a wonderful human being! Just a few weeks ago in Florida my wife and I had dinner with he and his wife, Ann. At that time he certainly didn't exhibit any signs of being ill. Mary and I send our best wishes to Marshall and Ann, and look forward to seeing them this fall in Charleston.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter_Comras (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 08:34 am:  Edit

I, too, have known Marshall since 1969, he in Det "D" and I in Det "A," 8th Gp (CI), Saigon. Get well Marshall, that's an order, Sir. We'll keep you and your family in our special prayers.
Peter L.Comras

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freeman Poole (F_poole) on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 08:09 am:  Edit

I've know Marshall since 1969 when he was stationed at Det "D", 9th MP Gp (CI). If anyone can beat cancer, Marshall can. My thoughts and prayers will be with him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Frederick Sautter (Doc) on Monday, April 11, 2011 - 11:51 pm:  Edit

At our monthly meeting today, our friend and colleague Marshall Thomas shocked and saddened us when he shared his diagnosis of cancer in one of his lungs. He will begin experimental therapy next week. Thoughts and prayers are requested. "Doc" Sautter for the Atlanta group

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: