Joel C. White - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Joel C. White - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By L Berg (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 09:43 pm:  Edit

Danno
So sorry to hear about your Dad. Sure was a fine man to emulate.

Lowell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 01:22 pm:  Edit

Dan, we are all so very sorry for the loss of your Dad. May God be with you and your family during these sad times. John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan White (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, April 25, 2011 - 05:15 pm:  Edit

Thank you for your kind thoughts and wishes Jerry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerold J. Unruh (Jerry_unruh) on Monday, April 25, 2011 - 06:16 am:  Edit

Danno, so sorry for your loss! Even though I'm a little late in seeing this you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan White (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 01:30 am:  Edit

Thank all of you for your kind words and condolences regarding the passing of my Dad. He truly loved his time in the US Army and was very pleased to retire his career in the Military Police Corp, US Army Reserve.
My family and I appreciate you honoring him here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard B. Greaves (Dick_greaves) on Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 03:54 pm:  Edit

We are sorry to read of the passing of Dan's dad, but pleased to read of the service he rendered to his country and the students he taught. An amazing individual, and a great legacy to leave behind. May he be at peace, and peace be with you and your family, Dan.
........Dick and Mary Ann

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dannie Taylor (Danniet) on Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 03:24 am:  Edit

Dan, please accept mine and Tula's condolences for the loss of your father. He had a storied career and I know you are proud. Take care "brother"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Holder (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 03:39 pm:  Edit

Dan,
Sorry to hear about your dad. Sounds like he was a heck of man. I know you will miss him. Take care and know that you have his memories to carry with you.
Jeff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken_minton (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, April 04, 2011 - 05:12 pm:  Edit

Dan, what an amazing and eventful life Colonel White led. You must be very proud of your father in both his miltary and academic service to his country. You lost your father and the country lost a fine man.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles A. McNichols (Samcn0696) on Monday, April 04, 2011 - 03:26 pm:  Edit

Dan: I'm so sorry to learn of your father's passing. May it help knowing that he is in a much better place now and will be well taken care of. May God bless and be with your father, you and your family during this time of sorrow. ~~Chuck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Monday, April 04, 2011 - 09:35 am:  Edit

Colonel (Retired) Joel Chester White, Jr passed away in Tucson, AZ on 9 February 2011 at the age of 89. COL White was born in Hope, AR to Chester and Hettie White on 2 July 1921. Joel came to Tucson with his family in 1936. He enlisted in the US Army in 1939 and was assigned to the 7th (Horse) Calvary, stationed at Ft Bliss, TX. He was assigned a horse named "Star" as a Scout/Messenger and rode the plains of western Texas. He served in WWII in New Guinea, Philippine Islands and was on the Japanese Island of Okinawa when the war ended. After WWII Joel attended the University of Arizona and graduated in 1950 with a B.A. in Education and later earned an M.A. He taught American History and Government for the Tucson Unified School District at Safford Middle School for seven years and at Tucson High School for 23 years, retiring as a teacher in 1981. His wife, Jean was also a teacher at Tucson High School where they met. Joel continued his military career as a member of the Arizona National Guard after WWII. He graduated from OCS and went from Platoon Leader, to Executive Officer, Company Commander and finally Battalion Commander of the 158th Military Police Bn, Southern Arizona National Guard, Tucson, AZ. He retired as a Colonel in the US Army Reserves in 1973. After his retirement from both of these ventures, Joel was a volunteer Docent at the Arizona Historical Society, University of Arizona, Tucson, for 22 years. He was an avid golfer, enjoying his weekly games with his friends. Joel and his wife, Jean also enjoyed traveling, spending time with their grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Joel is preceded in death by his parents and his brother, Travis. He is survived by his wife, Jean of 33 years and his daughter, Theresa (Bob) Lemon of Tucson; sons, CW3 (Retired) Daniel (Toni) White, of Spokane, WA, and Thomas White of Tucson; five grandchildren, Kevin, Bryan, Emily, Lauren and Scott; three great-grandchildren, Marisa, Natalie and Taylor. He is also survived by his stepdaughters, Nancy (Chris) Wood, Santa Fe, NM, Marion (Peter) Gierlach, Pearce, AZ, Jeannie (Michael) Bartz, Tucson and Grace (Mark) Yuen, HI and step-grandchildren, Martha, Willie, Jaime, Sarah, Katy, Erika, Aaron, Evan, Amelia and Mario; also step-great-grandchildren, Finley, Chiara, Deven, Sasha and Sadie Grace. The family would like to thank the caregivers, Sarah, Zorka, Anita, Lupe and the Carondelet Hospice for all of their help and comfort. A graveside service with full military honors by the Honor Guard, Ft Huachuca, AZ, was held on 17 February 2011. Condolences to Dan White and family at DannoPI@aol.com

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: