John Glennon Kriegshauser - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): John Glennon Kriegshauser - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Marvin (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 11:01 am:  Edit

Sorry to hear about John's demise. I knew him casually thru my father, CW4 Paul H. Marvin who was a close friend. John worked for my Dad in the Canal Zone. I did not know him professionally as he was already retired when I was with the CID. RIP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 02:42 am:  Edit

Correction re John G. being assigned to Saigon (69), he was assigned to Det D (not B). John was a Team Chief in Det D. Sorry, John.

I hasten to add that, John G. was an intelligent, calm, cool and unflappable MNP and CID SA when I served under and with him .

Peter "B"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 01:02 am:  Edit

I served under John G. for a few months at Co A, 508th MP Bn, Munich, Germany. I knew Gloria--they invited me to their quarters for meals and also to the NCO Club where we enjoyed Country & Western music. He was a gem of a Desk Sgt and a dear friend. I again met John G. in RVN in 69. John was assigned to Det B, and I was assigned to Det A, Saigon. He also had a great reputation in Det B.
Rest in Peace, John G. Kriegshauser--you earned it.
Peter "B"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Monday, March 14, 2011 - 03:39 pm:  Edit

John Glennon Kriegshauser, 80, a native of Knox County, NM, died 11 October 2010 in Truth or Consequences, NM, at the Sierra Health Care Center. He had been in declining health for some time. The son of Cletus and Mae Kriegshauser, he was born 5 August 1930 and attended Glendale School in rural Knox County and St Joseph School in Edina. In 1949, he enlisted in the U S Army, was promoted to Corporal, then to Sergeant, and was assigned to train recruits at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri, during the first year of the Korean War. After several months of duty at Fort Sheridan, Illinois, he served three years in the 7751st Military Policy Detachment, a unit in Bremerhaven, Germany, responsible for manning border stations and investigating blackmarket activities. Returning to the U S, he studied criminal investigation at the Provost Marshal’s School, Fort Gordon, Georgia, and returned to Germany where he was stationed in Munich for several years. In the 1960’s, he was promoted to the rank of Chief Warrant Officer, and was stationed in Fort Gulick, Panama Canal Zone, where his duties included the investigation of drug trafficking. In 1967 he was awarded the Army Commendation Medal for meritorious service. From 1968-69, he served in Vietnam and was awarded the Bronze Star Medal for “meritorious achievement in ground operations against hostile forces”. He retired from the Army in 1972 with the rank of CWO3. In retirement, he lived in New Mexico – first in Albuquerque and later in Las Cruces – working for a time in private security and as an insurance claims investigator. He enjoyed travel, researching his German and Irish heritage and woodworking. John was preceded in death by his wife, Gloria, and by a sister, Martha Swann, he is survived by his sister, Ruth Parks, of Topeka, Kansas and numerous nieces and nephews, including Margaret Gibson of Edina. A military funeral was held on 14 October 2010. Interment was in Fort Bayard National Cemetery near Silver City, NM.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: