Frank Ribich - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Frank Ribich - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By j (Unregistered Guest) on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 12:24 am:  Edit

I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of Major Ribich. I first met Frank when I came into CID in '78 as one of his fist DST "kids" in Mainz RA, K-Town District and we met again In Ft McClellan in '80.He was and still is my definition of the consumate "Gentleman Professional" and I am grateful to have known him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Cantrell (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 04:30 pm:  Edit

Very sad to hear the news on Frank. I was in K-town for a short time when he and Joyce arrived--handsome couple and great people. He was a commander you could really look up to... Rest in peace, Frank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Rauer (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 09:42 pm:  Edit

Truly sorry to learn of Frank's death. He was a very kind and generous man. In the three years I was his X.O. at K-Town he was always willing to go out of his way to help anyone in any situation. He always had his "toothpick" in his mouth in the afternoons and would patiently read cases and provide critiques that were right on target. Learned a great deal. Everyone had a tremendous amount of respect for him and even the Region Commander would take his advice under consideration. A natural leader. He was also a spiritual person, a trait that was not always evident to others. May Our Lord bless him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By danniet (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, August 10, 2007 - 02:47 am:  Edit

I am so sorry to hear of Frank's passing. He was such a nice person and never met a stranger. I knew Frank in Germany and again at Ft. McClellan. When I was Ops of Ft McClellan Fld Office I played softball with the instructors and Frank was our coach. He played sports as hard as he did with life. I then got to know Frank better when I went to the I&I Branch. The Special Opns building was just behind the I&I branch and we used to visit one another and tell war stories. Frank loved the outdoors and he and Tommy Taylor hunted and fished everything under the sun. I visted with Frank at Ft Leonard Wood and he took time to give me a tour of the new facilities there. That was Frank, always had time for everyone. God Bless you Frank and may you rest in peace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 11:19 pm:  Edit

Frank Ribich was truely one of the unique people you meet in life. He made USAMPS a great experience. The last time I saw him was on TV watching a program on the History Channel. He was a true hero. I will miss him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By LaRue Caraway (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 12:29 am:  Edit

My deepest to the family and prayers for comfort. I knew Mr Ribich from CID school. What a great man and hero for his country.
God comfort the family. Rev LaRue

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Stewart (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 07:06 pm:  Edit

I was a Sergeant with the 527th MPs in Saigon when Lt. Ribich was there. I was also his driver at one time. I've done a little tribute to him on the TET page of my website...
www.geocities.com/militarypoliceofvietnam

He was the "greatest" MP, as far as I'm concerned.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerold J. Unruh (Jerry_unruh) on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 08:23 am:  Edit

In many ways, Frank was USAMPS! The work he did in training our folks as well as those many local, state, and federal law enforcement types who came through his courses put us on the map. I enjoyed many hours with him as a student and as part of the USAMPS faculty -- he will be missed and my thoughts and prayers are for his family and the extended law enforcement family he left behind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Ivory (Bill_ivory) on Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 09:09 pm:  Edit

Frank was a true hero, and an all around nice guy. I had the pleasure of knowing him as one of the commissioned CID Agents when he was at the Mannheim Field Office. A great card player. I met him when he was at McLellan , and I was attending a terrorism class. Steve Volk and Jim Pace were there as well. He sent his hoodlums to rig my rental car, but I spotted them and took one of the booby traps and rigged his jeep. We had a great laugh over that..I have nothing but great memories of Frank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Patalano III (Louispatalanoiii) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 11:15 am:  Edit

When I was a CID SAC in Wiesbaden 1978/79, then MAJ Ribich was the District Commander. He was a great personable guy and great CID Commander who I admired. Saw him at the school house in later years when we were both DOD/DA civilians and he was a great guy to talk with. It is truly sad news.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael S. Edwards (Mse2552) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 10:59 am:  Edit

My sympathy goes out to Frank Ribich's family. I got to know Frank pretty well while assigned as the SAC of the Fort McClellan CID Office. Frank was an outstanding human being who will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles T. Whitehead (Cwhitehead) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 10:10 am:  Edit

The following came from an article written about Frank's induction into the MP Corps Hall of Fame

The Military Police Corps Regiment's Hall of Fame Ceremony was held at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri, on 23 September 2003, during the 62d Anniversary Celebration. The Hall of Fame event is a time-honored tradition, distinguishing leaders, both military and civilian, for their contributions to the Military Police Corps and the nation.

Major Frank L. Ribich Jr. (Retired) Service Career: 1960 to 2001

Major Ribich's distinguished Army and civil service career spanned more than 40 years, including valorous service in combat and contributions with measurable impact on the law enforcement mission of the Military Police Corps in today's Army. Throughout his distinguished and heroic military career, Major Ribich's leadership, high standards, and valor have become legendary. Major Ribich served as team leader, platoon leader, and commander of the Kaiserslautern District, U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command, during the height of terrorism in the European Theater. While serving in Vietnam, he was awarded the Bronze Star Medal for bravery as commander of the Military Police Reaction Forces, Saigon, Republic of South Vietnam. Major Ribich was instrumental in the defense of the U.S. Embassy during the 1968 Tet Offensive when he organized his forces while facing intense enemy fire from within the compound, neutralizing the enemy until assistance arrived. Additionally, Major Ribich has efficiently and professionally led the development of a multitude of courses providing antiterrorism training to members of the Military Police Corps and the Department of Defense, including the establishment of the U.S. Army Military Police School Antiterrorism Training Program. In 1988, he won the "Best Antiterrorism Program Manager" award from the Department of Defense for his expertise. He has successfully supported military police operations worldwide and demonstrated continuous service excellence. With purpose, persistence, professionalism, and dedication, Major Ribich has brought great leadership, bravery, and loyalty in wartime and peacetime. He will always be a bona fide hero to the Military Police Corps, the U.S. Army, and the nation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles T. Whitehead (Cwhitehead) on Monday, August 06, 2007 - 09:56 am:  Edit

I am saddened by Frank's death. My years working with Frank, in the Special Operations Branch, were some of the best of my CID career. Frank took care of eveyone he worked with. I can recall a conversation he had with the Commandant and the Director of Training on my behalf. He gave them some great tips on leadership and taking care of soldiers during that conversation, in his own direct and to the point way of course. Frank Ribich was too modest to admit it but he was a hero! I arrived in Viet Nam in the fall of 1968, assigned to the 716th MP Bn, where they were still talking about Lt. Ribich and others involved in securing the U.S. Embassy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan White (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 11:00 am:  Edit

Sad day! Major Frank was truly one of the greats! Always supported his Agents and a good friend to all. He is now with other greats who have passsed before him. Thanks for your friendship and all the memories Frank. Rest in Peace my friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By VDR Babe McClain (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 05:40 pm:  Edit

My Heart is heavy with the loss of Frank Ribich. He was my friend; my mentor; my supervisor; to me he was larger than life. I learned so much from him. He was humble; caring; funny; and a true american; quiet hero. He will remain in my heart and memories forever. He will live on in the many, many stories that everyone will retell again and again. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to Mrs Ribich and family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By PAUL J SEFCIK (Psefcik) on Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 04:20 pm:  Edit

Maybe someone can post this information and/or disseminate at the MP School/MPRA? Greatly appreciated. Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By PAUL J SEFCIK (Psefcik) on Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 04:14 pm:  Edit

I feel certain that there are many folks in CID and the entire MP Corps who either knew Frank from assignments or in passing during our careers. He was a LT in Viet Nam when our Embassy was being attacked/overtaken during the Tet Offensive. He Commanded a CID Office and culminated his faithful service to our great nation as the Chief of the Special Operations Branch, Advanced Law Enforcement Training Division both at Ft McClellan and then Ft Leonard Wood,MO. Frank's funeral will be at 10:00AM on Wednesday at the Sacred Heart Catholic Church, 16 Morton Rd, Anniston, AL 36207 (256) 237-3011. Viewing will be from 6:00-8:00PM on Tuesday at K.L. Brown Funeral Home, 620 Golden Springs Rd, Anniston, Al 36207 (256) 231-2334. His wife (Joyce) has requested donations to the church in lieu of flowers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By PAUL J SEFCIK (Psefcik) on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 06:15 pm:  Edit

I am sorry to report today the loss of a good friend, mentor and American Hero to us all. Frank had a heart attack today while working in his yard and he passed away. Plans are currently being made at K. L. Brown Funeral Home, 620 Golden Springs Rd, Anniston. (256) 231-2334. Time and date of funeral is yet to be determined, will notify when it is set. His home address is;
1 Wrenwood Circle, Anniston, AL 36207.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: