Mary Annette Harris Thomas - RIP      1985_7

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Mary Annette Harris Thomas - RIP      1985_7
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K. Groszkiewicz (Groszkm) on Tuesday, September 06, 2022 - 09:57 am:  Edit

Mary was an apprentice under me in Frankfurt. She was on her way to a great career. She was personable and a pleasure to guide and work with. I had heard about this, but did not know the specifics. RIP!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed German (Admin) on Saturday, July 09, 2022 - 12:12 pm:  Edit

Mary Annette Harris Thomas

6 Nov 1956 - 27 Jul 1985

From page B4 of the Louisville Courier-Journal August 1, 1985 edition:

HOPKINSVILLE - Mary Annette Harris Thomas, 28, died Saturday at Fort Stewart, Georgia. Her husband, Arthur, survives. Funeral, 11 a.m. Saturday, Babbage Funeral Home. Visitation will be after 1 p.m. Friday.

Mary Annette Harris Thomas was a CID Agent at Fort Stewart at the time of her death.*

Per the online link here, her husband (CPT Arthur L. Thomas), died two days after her on Monday, 29 July 1985.

The above information includes details online here at the time of this posting.

* Per information from Steven Gilbert on 8 Jul 2022.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Gilbert (Svg2253) on Wednesday, July 06, 2022 - 03:39 pm:  Edit

I met Mary at Fort Stewart. I had just come there from WOEC. I knew her only for a couple of weeks (1985). Her husband, Arthur, was an infantry captain. This was a sad case of domestic violence. One Monday morning, Mary did not report to work. But an infantry lieutenant came to the office with a long letter and a set of keys. In this letter, Arthur explained the circumstances of their turbulent marriage and said that he killed Mary. I and another agent went to their house and we found her murdered in their bedroom. She was in the process of getting dressed when something happened to produce rage. She was shot with her duty weapon. Later that day Arthur was found dead by suicide in his truck.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: