Ralph Turbyfill - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Ralph Turbyfill - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick V. Garland (Pgarland6) on Tuesday, August 03, 2021 - 02:33 pm:  Edit

Ralph was one of the good guys. He and I go back a long way also, from the days he first came to the lab for training. Then again, when both of us were at the Frankfurt Lab, on Betts Kaserne. Our children went to school together in Frankfurt. I can still see his little red Karmann Ghia, with the Arkansas Razor Back pained on the rear!! We often traveled to court together and I never heard anyone say an unkind word when referring to him!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernest D. Hamm (Ernie) on Saturday, July 17, 2021 - 10:53 am:  Edit

I am so sorry to hear of Ralph's passing. I knew he was going through some rough times. Ralph and I go back a long time, starting when we were both in training at Fort Gordon in 1970 and into time spent at his home in Benton and Hot Springs Village whenever I was able to visit Ralph and Vivian when I was teaching in Little Rock. Ralph and I spent a lot of time golfing at Fort Gordon's Forest Hills along with Ottis Garrett (RIP) and Roy Haas (RIP). Ralph developed his golf from those times and could really hit a long ball. I learned from him that while he was at USACIL-Europe, he converted part of the attic in the lab building to a driving range!!! There are a lot of memories and fun times when I think of Ralph Turbyfill. Too many for this forum. I will certainly mourn his passing. RIP Ralph. Hit'em long and straight on the Big Course!! I know you will.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed German (Admin) on Friday, July 16, 2021 - 11:58 pm:  Edit

Ralph Truitt Turbyfill

May 23, 1937 to July 13, 2021

Chief Warrant Officer (CW2) Ralph Truitt Turbyfill, 84, of Hot Springs Village, went to be with the Lord on July 13, 2021. He was born on May 23, 1937, in Telephone, Texas, to the late Flurnoy and Dorothy Tittle Turbyfill.

Ralph was preceded in death by his parents; brother, Bill; sister, Virginia; and a sister, Ann Godwin Jones. He is survived by his wife of 64 years, Vivian Townley Turbyfill; children, Monica (Ben) Sanders, Ron Turbyfill, Farrel (Peggy) Turbyfill, Troy Turbyfill, and Darwin Turbyfill; grandchildren, Shane (Stacie) Sanders, Josh (Kelly) Sanders, Seth Turbyfill, Stefen (Amber) Turbyfill, Cara (John) Turbyfill, Trasten Turbyfill, Aaron Turbyfill, Darci Turbyfill; and great-grandchildren, Aubree Sanders, Asa Sanders, Trey Sanders, Finley Sanders, and Jaxon Sanders.

Ralph spent his life dedicated to his love of God, family, and country. He was of the Baptist faith. Ralph served 21 years in the United States Army and was a chief Warrant officer (CW2) in Korea and Vietnam. He earned a multitude of commendations and metals including National Defense Service, Good Conduct Metal 4th Award, Vietnam Service Metal with three Bronze Service Stars; Vietnam Campaign Medal; Vietnam Cross of Gallantry with Palm (Expert) Rifle; (Expert) Pistol and Army Commendation Medal. Ralph also provided numerous VIP and Presidential Security details.

Ralph served in the Army as a CID Special Agent and also as a Latent Print Examiner in the Army Crime Laboratory system before retiring to Arkansas. He then worked 24 years as Chief Latent Fingerprint Examiner for the Arkansas State Crime Laboratory. Ralph was a Kiwanis, an avid golfer, and loved to sing and play his harmonica.

Chapel services by Ashby Funeral Home will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 19, with Pastor Buddy Leamons officiating. Burial will follow at Pine Crest Cemetery. Visitation will be 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. before services on Monday. Online guestbook at https://www.ashbyfuneralhome.com/obituary/ralph-truitt-turbyfill

Ashby Funeral Home
108 West Narroway, Benton, AR
Phone: 501-778-2544

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: