Peter L. Comras - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Peter L. Comras - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence H. Drayton (Larry_drayton) on Friday, June 04, 2021 - 03:17 am:  Edit

I attended Pete's funeral this past Wednesday. I made several short (non-professional) videos and took several still pictures. Anyone wanting a copy can email me at: LarryD1752@aol.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Friday, January 08, 2021 - 05:34 am:  Edit

Dr. Peter Leonard Comras passed away on January 4, 2021 at the Delray Beach Medical Center. Born in Massachusetts, Peter was the son of Harry and Eva Comras. Peter is survived by his lovely wife Myrna Rowe Comras, two sons Darren Comras and Bryan Comras, as well as multiple nieces, nephews, and grandchildren. Peter enlisted in the U.S. Army in 1954 at the age of 17. He later became a Special Agent in the Army Criminal Investigation Division (CID). After retiring from the Army as a Chief Warrant Officer 3, Peter continued to serve this country as a Special Agent with the U.S. Commerce Department for several more years before opening his own private investigation firm. During his military career, Peter was awarded multiple medals including the Bronze Star and Legion of Merit. His greatest accomplishment was keeping all his men in Vietnam alive. Peter held a Baccalaureate degree in law enforcement and security, a Master’s degree in police science and administration, and a PhD in forensic science.

During his life, Peter was a member of many organizations including the CID Agents Association, Military Officers Association, Association of Former Intelligence Officers, Retired Officers Association, Retired Military Police Officers Association, National Military Intelligence Association, National Counter Intelligence Corps, Fraternal Order of Police, National Police Officers Association, Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association, Who’s Who in American Law Enforcement, and the American Society for Industrial Security. After his retirement, Peter served as a volunteer with the Delray Beach Police Department. Peter also served in several veterans and police organizations including the Disabled American Veterans, Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, and the Vietnam Veterans of America. Peter will be buried in a private ceremony with military honors at Arlington National Cemetery.

The family would like to thank the Veterans Administration, Delray Beach Medical Center staff and Trustbridge Hospice of Palm Beach County, Florida for caring for Peter in his final days. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in memory of Peter Comras to Trustbridge Hospice of Palm Beach County, 5300 East Avenue, West Palm Beach, Florida 33047, web address: www.trustbdridge.com; phone: 888-848-5200.
Obituary Courtesy of: The Comras Family

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence H. Drayton (Larry_drayton) on Thursday, May 20, 2021 - 04:21 am:  Edit

OMG. I don't check this site much anymore, and just read about Pete. We were together at CIDA in 1972/1973. Many stories could be told. Colonel Tufts called him "Peter Balls." I am interesting in attending his funeral at Fort Myer. I find no info as to how to contact Darren Comras or Myrna to RSVP. My email address is LarryD1752@aol.com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Cox (Warrencid) on Wednesday, April 28, 2021 - 06:05 pm:  Edit

***FUNERAL INFORMATION UPDATE***
Darren Comras provided the following update and need a response from anyone going NLT May 25, 2021:
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

We have photographers attending to photograph Dadís funeral and create a nice book of photographs. They will meet the family at about 2:30 p.m. June 2, 2021 at the Old Post Chapel. At approximately 2:30, they will take group photos of all the attendees on the steps of the Old Post Chapel before we enter at 3:00 p.m. for the service. WE cannot enter until called as there are other services scheduled there. It is important to note that anyone arriving after 3:00 will not be allowed in the Chapel.

We have tentatively booked Patton Hall from approximately 4:30 p.m. until no later than 7:00 p.m. for a reception after Dadís funeral. The venue is very nice and is located on Joint-base Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall which is where Arlington National Cemetery is located. This way, attendees will not have to leave the base to attend the reception. Dinner will consist of meat or fish, vegetables, starch, and desert. Coffee, iced tea and water will also be served. The location and contact information for Patton Hall is below.

Patton Hall 214 Jackson Ave, Fort Myer, VA 22211 Phone: (703) 524-0200
Link: Home :: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall (army.mil)

To get a count of attendees, we are requesting that invitees respond with whether you are planning to attend the funeral service starting at 3:00 p.m. June 2, 2021 at the Old Post Chapel and whether you are planning to attend the reception at Patton Hall.

Please respond either way to Darren or Myrna by May 25, 2021.

Thank you all

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan White (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, January 12, 2021 - 02:37 am:  Edit

Very sad to learn that Pete Comras has left us. I first met Pete when I was just starting out in CID and I was assigned to 4th MP Det (CID) Ft Myer, VA., in 1969. I was a true "rookie" just starting my CID career. Pete was working at the CID Agency in DC on special investigations all the time and traveled. He often stopped at the CID Office at Ft Myer, VA, to visit with some of his CID friends -- Dave Currier (RIP), Flip Feher (RIP), Earl "Ace"Adkins (RIP), Dick Greeves would stop by to visit too. I would sit in the lounge in the back of the CID Office and listen to all their great stories and adventures they talked about. Pete was always kind and always took the time to talk with me -- a young rookie. I learned a lot from him -- as well as the others -- that helped me throughout my CID career. Pete was a mentor -- like the others. Our paths never crossed again in CID assignments -- but over the past 15 or so years we have exchanged email greetings, and holiday greetings. I was surprised, and honored, he remembered me. My deepest condolences to the Comras family. Thank you for being my friend Chief Comras. Rest in Peace now --- you have earned it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Coker (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, January 08, 2021 - 02:22 pm:  Edit

To Mrs.Myrna Comras and Family.May God's love,mercy and comfort be yours in abundance.Our thoughts and prayers are with you in the days ahead.

Jim Coker
Chaplain CIDAA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W. Minton (Ken_minton) on Friday, January 08, 2021 - 07:35 am:  Edit

I'm very sorry to hear of the passing of Peter. While I never served with him, or even met him in person, I have communicated with him on a regular basis via email for more than a decade. We enjoyed discussing both military intelligence subjects and CID and the more mundane things in life. I last heard from him about two weeks ago when he told me he had returned from a hospital stay. We agreed about most things and disagreed about only a few, but his opinion was always an intelligent and well thought out one. I found him to be a good and patriotic man and will miss our regular on-line talks.
Rest in peace my friend.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: