Ronald William Glunt - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Ronald William Glunt - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David G.Ownby (Derdegen) on Tuesday, September 01, 2020 - 07:52 pm:  Edit

I too served with "the old ranger" Ron Glunt at the Schweinfurt CID office. I remember one morning meeting where Ron had been duty agent, and had been up all night. His eyes were redshot from lack of sleep, and he was drinking a cup of coffee and smoking a cigarette. The SAC (not Mr. Boatwright) started ragging Ron , whereupon he stated "I don't need this and walked out of the meeting. The LCI then stated "well, I guess the meeting is over." He was a cop's cop, and I enjoyed my association with him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James W. Savage (Savage2226) on Wednesday, August 12, 2020 - 02:29 pm:  Edit

Very sorry to hear of Ron's passing. I met him in Jun 1984, in Schweinfurt. At the time, he shared an office on the second floor of our office which was actually located in a private home. Ron had a great sense of humor, was calm, cool and collected. He was a source of lot of good advice during the six or so months we were assigned together. On more than one occasion, I remember him working late into the night and his his wife and a couple of his children coming to pick him up from the office. I lost touch with him after he returned to CONUS. My thought and prayers to his wife and children - he was a great person

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John K. Boatwright (Jboatwri) on Sunday, July 12, 2020 - 07:59 pm:  Edit

Ronald W. Glunt died on June 7, 2020, after a valiant battle with Pancreatic Cancer.

Ron was born in Lewistown, PA on September 8, 1947. He was the son of Charles Ray Glunt and Thelma (Kable) Powell. Ron spent 20 years on active duty initially in the military police and subsequently in Army CID retiring as a CW3. Ron served two tours in Vietnam, three tours of duty in Germany, and four tours at US Army Posts in the United States. Ron is survived by his wife, Cecile, four sons, sixteen grandchildren, and six great grandchildren. Ron was buried at the Florida National Cemetery in Bushnell, Florida on July 10, 2020.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: