Donald M. Heimall - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Donald M. Heimall - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Bell (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, June 16, 2020 - 11:40 am:  Edit

Donald was on my team at Ft. Polk in the seventies. I helped him put in for his warrant commission. If I remember rightly, he was into making wall clocks and did woodworking.He made me a plaque of the state of Louisiana. I took him hunting and showed him some Louisiana swamps.He was a good friend.I just found out abut his passing. Rest in peace my old friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Walters (Bull_dog) on Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 10:14 am:  Edit

I served at Fort Jackson 86-88 and for part of that time Don Heimall was my GC Team Chief. Don's forte was report writing / documentation, Crime Scene Examinations, where he employed extreme attention to detail. He was an outstanding example and mentor in those areas. A tremendous professional. RIP Don.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W. Minton (Ken_minton) on Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 08:57 am:  Edit

Don was at Fort Jackson CID in 1987, when I arrived. He retired about a year later. I found Don to be a very nice guy with a good sense of humor. He certainly lived a very fulfilling life. I'm sorry to hear of his passing and had hoped to run into him at a CIDAA function. My best wishes go out to his surviving family members.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed German (Member) on Thursday, May 07, 2020 - 08:39 pm:  Edit

Donald M. Heimall

Donald M. Heimall, age 79, of Rockledge, Florida passed away on Monday September 24, 2018. Donald was born September 10, 1939 in Newark, New Jersey.

Donald started his military career serving in the Navy on the USS Forrestal, upon his discharge he went on to be a police officer with the Rockledge Police Department. He re-enlisted in the Army and served as a military policeman with his last duty as a CID Special Agent prior to his retirement. He was an active member of the VFW, American Legion and the DAV. Donald was active as a Mason and a Shriner. In his leisure time he was an accomplished pianist and enjoyed woodworking as a hobby.

He is survived by his daughter Donna Cleaves and her husband Joseph A Cleaves, his son Barry O Merritt, his grandchildren Hannah and Anthony Clements, Sarah and Thomas Applewhite, Joseph A Cleaves, Jr., Anthony M Cleaves and granddaughter Charlie S Cleaves, great-grandchildren Nevea and Kambryn Smith. He is also survived by his former wife Barbara J. Heimall. Donald is preceded in death by his brother Walter Heimall.

A visitation for Donald was held Saturday, September 29, 2018. A burial will occur at Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia.

More online details are at www.dignitymemorial.com

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: