Larry Swails - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Larry Swails - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence H. Drayton (Larry_drayton) on Monday, March 23, 2020 - 11:31 pm:  Edit

Condolences to Larry's family. May he RIP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas G Wilkin II (Tom_wilkin) on Monday, March 23, 2020 - 02:17 pm:  Edit

Larry was the 1st Director of the Major Procurement Fraud Unit of the US Army CID.I first meet Larry, in July 1977, when we served together at the CID Command and we have been close friends ever since. A true friend and mentor who was directly responsible for my CID tenure and any successes I have had. Carmen and I had lunch with Larry, last November, in Woodbridge, VA and I am glad that I had one last chance to share his friendship and to say Thank You Larry. ALSO, Larry's granddaughter is managing his Facebook page and has asked for folks to share stories about Larry that she can read to/share with his Wife.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard B. Greaves (Dick_greaves) on Sunday, March 22, 2020 - 02:34 pm:  Edit

Saddened to hear of Larry's passing. First met him many years ago, and he was a solid CID Agent, skilled and with a fine reputation. Peace be with you, and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles L. Ellis Jr (Chuck) on Sunday, March 22, 2020 - 01:42 pm:  Edit

This a very sad message. I knew Larry for many years. First met him when he was in the Fulda RA and I was in Mainz. Later worked for him at MPFU A real fine person. He will be missed by many. RIP my friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles A. McNichols (Samcn0696) on Sunday, March 22, 2020 - 10:10 am:  Edit

It is so sad to learn this morning of Larry's sudden passing. I had the pleasure of knowing, working and interacting with Larry for several years. His passing is another sad loss for the CID family. Everything I knew of Larry was unquestionable. My deepest sympathies go out to his loving family and friends who were impacted by his life. May God give you comfort and peace that you seek, and may the soul of Larry rest in heavenly peace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Sunday, March 22, 2020 - 09:13 am:  Edit

Larry passed away from a heart attack at home on 20 March 2020

Thanks to Tom Wilkins for the following: Larry lived in Woodbridge, VA. He was a retired CW4. His last assignment was with the IG team that included Flip Feher. When he retired he went to DCIS and ended up on their internal IG team. When the CIDC's Investigative Service Activity (later becoming the 701st MP Bn) was stood up by Col Kinoshita, George hired Larry as the 1st Director of the Major Procurement Fraud Unit. I have been friends with Larry since July, 1977.

Added Note: Published obituary will be posted if and when it becomes available.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: