Bruce H Slater - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Bruce H Slater - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Maron (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, February 18, 2019 - 03:19 pm:  Edit

I had the privilege to briefly work with Bruce back in 1971 where he served as the Resident Agent at Fitzsimons Army Hospital in Colorado. Years later I ran into him at Fort Belvoir. A true professional and great person. Prayers out to family and friends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Wednesday, February 06, 2019 - 07:15 am:  Edit

Violet and I remember Bruce very fondly. I met him when I was TDY to Ft Belvoir on a Pentagon case. Bruce was the Operations Officer there. Violet was a word processing clerk and the unit mail clerk. At some point I asked Bruce whether he would object if I dated Violet. He laughed and said something like, "I've already got one clerk getting married, I might as well marry-off the other one." He said that with a big grin. I assured him that marriage was not on the agenda. Boy, was I wrong! We've been married almost 37 years. Violet says Bruce was a "really good boss." No doubt about it! Rest in Peace, Bruce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence H. Drayton (Larry_drayton) on Saturday, January 26, 2019 - 06:14 am:  Edit

Bruce and I were in the same CID Basic Course at Fort Gordon. I haven't visited this site for awhile, and therefore missed his interment. Condolences to the entire family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Monday, January 14, 2019 - 07:29 pm:  Edit

CW4 Bruce H. Slater (Ret) age 75, of Mineral, VA, formerly of Dumfries, VA, passed away on January 8, 2019. Beloved husband of Jane(Stickel) Slater for 50 years. Loving father of Dawn Munroe (Mark), Kimberly Goodwin-Slater (Angela), and Pamela Clute. Cherished grandfather of TJ Munroe (Amber), Alexz Munroe, Tain Munroe, Caelan Goodwin-Slater, Skyler Goodwin-Slater, Ben Clute, and Nate Clute.

Bruce proudly served our country for over 20 years in the United States Army, where he retired as a Chief Warrant Officer in the Criminal Investigation Division. He was stationed twice in Germany for a total of 7 years. During that time Bruce developed a love for the German culture to include Volksmarching, schnitzel, bratwurst, and of course the beer. He then continued to serve our country as a background investigator for the State Department. Upon retirement, he moved to Lake Anna fulfilling his lifetime dream of living on a lake. He spent his time captaining his pontoon boat while taking family and friends on wonderful lake adventures. He also enjoyed reading, traveling, music; especially Drum & Bugle Corps, and watching sports. Bruce was a loving husband, father, Grumps, uncle, and friend.

The family will receive friends at the Mountcastle Turch Funeral Home, 4143 Dale Boulevard, Dale City, VA 22193 on Monday, January 21, 2019 from 9:00 AM until thetime of His Life Celebration at 9:45 AM. Interment with Full Military Honors will follow at Quantico National Cemetery at 11:00 AM. In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made in Bruce’s name to the American Diabetes Association or the American Heart Association. Obituary Courtesy of: Mountcastle Turch Funeral Home

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: