Clarence "Chuck" Chavis - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Clarence "Chuck" Chavis - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence H. Drayton (Larry_drayton) on Saturday, January 26, 2019 - 06:22 am:  Edit

Wow! I will not leave this web-site this morning without feeling some degree of depression. As Pete Comas remarked above, he was a dedicated and "special" agent. May he rest in peace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James L.Coker (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 09:38 pm:  Edit

To the Clarence "Chuck" Chavis Family.May God comfort you in the days ahead.We all care about you and will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Jim Coker
Chaplain C.I.D.A.A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald Bullock (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 01:54 pm:  Edit

I spoke to Chuck several times over the last few years and remember our days at Ft. Jackson with fondness. I am sorry for his passing but as John said he has been terribly sick for the past year or so. RIP my friend.

Ron Bullock

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Smith (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 09:32 am:  Edit

During the late nineteen sixties I served with Chuck at Fort Richardson, Alaska. I was a young MP Investigator, and Chuck and Joan took me under their wings and kept me out of trouble. I learned a lot from him and always had a high regard for him and the men in the Army CID. He will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 12:57 pm:  Edit

So sorry to hear of Chuck's passing. We served together several times, albeit, I can't recall exactly where & or when.

Chuck had a great reputation & was a top-notch Special Agent.

My sincere condolences to Chuck's family,
Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John K. Boatwright (Jboatwri) on Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 04:47 pm:  Edit

SA Clarence “Chuck” Chavis passed away peacefully at his home in Elgin, SC on the afternoon of January 1, 2019. Chuck has been sick for several years. Many agents probably recall Chuck from tours at Ft Jackson and Ft Bragg but he also served in Vietnam and Korea. Services for Chuck will be at Dunbar Funeral Home, 3926 Device Street, Columbia, SC 29205 on Friday, January 4, 2019 at 10:00 AM. Visitation will be between 9:00 AM and 10:00 AM prior to the service. Burial is scheduled to follow the service at 11:30 AM, Friday at Greenlawn Memorial Park, 845 Leesburg Road, Columbia, SC 29209.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: