Robert Louis "Bob" Colombo - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Robert Louis "Bob" Colombo - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard B. Greaves (Dick_greaves) on Saturday, September 08, 2018 - 04:13 pm:  Edit

I first met Bob when I arrived at the 15th CID at SHAPE, from VN in April 1973. Maria was an elegant lady, and Robert and Joseph were delightful young boys. Bob, along with AF Security MSG George Hulstine and I had handlebar mustaches. Bob was part of our MP Dart Team. I enjoyed working and socializing with Bob. May he be at peace an peace be with his family.
.........Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Friday, September 07, 2018 - 11:51 am:  Edit

Bob served as an instructor in the CID Course at Ft Gordon circa 1967. He was a member of the Security Detachment for General Abrams at MACV in or around 1969.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise M Head (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, September 05, 2018 - 01:38 pm:  Edit

Bob Colombo

CW4 (Ret) Robert Louis "Bob" Colombo died peacefully in his sleep at home on 25 June 2018 at age 88. He is survived by his wife, Deborah. His wife, Maria, predeceased him in 1995. Their two sons: Robert (wife, Rebecca and children Vincent, Maria and Joseph) and Joseph (wife, Danielle and children Matthew, Daniel, Carlo, Joseph and Julia) survive him. Robert's older sister, Doris, and younger brother, Joseph, also survive him.

Robert had a distinguished 28 year career as a US Army Officer, which included combat tours in Korea and Vietnam. At time of retirement he was a Special Agent in Army Criminal Investigations (CID). After military retirement, he worked for many years as a defense consultant in the Middle East.

Despite his numerous professional achievements, his greatest pride and joy was his Family to whom he always brought immense happiness, peace and love. There are no words to describe how much he will be missed by Family and countless friends.

A viewing was held Thursday, 28 June 2018 from 5:00-7:00 PM at Beach Funeral Home, 1689 S Patrick Drive, Indian Harbour Beach, FL and a funeral mass was celebrated on Friday, 29 June 2018 at 10:00 AM at Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church, 3050 N Hwy A1A, Indialantic, FL. Interment at Arlington National Cemetery will be at a later date.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: