Thomas R Presley - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Thomas R Presley - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny C. Powers (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, March 27, 2018 - 02:15 pm:  Edit

Sorry to hear of his passing. I only knew him briefly. He was leaving when I arrived at Level I. Bodo Schram from Aachen Customs loved Tom. I remember Bodo showing me cowboy boots Tom had bought him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Lynn Ott (Retiredrobert) on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 11:25 am:  Edit

Rest in peace Tom. My condolences to Tom's family and other friends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan White (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, March 12, 2018 - 11:45 am:  Edit

I was honored to known Tom on a friendly and professional basis assigned to the Mannheim CID Office in the early to mid 1970s. He worked Level One Drugs in a covert role and I worked Level Two Drugs in and around the Mannheim/Heidelberg areas. Tom often would assist in our Level Two operations when theyinvolved local Nationals or Third Country Nationals as drug traffickers by him posing as an interested "buyer" and we would set up a money exchange in a local bar/gasthaus as if Tom was an out of town drug trafficker. Tom would enter the establishment and make his presence known -- we would do the money exchange -- and he would leave. We would then meet up in the basement of the Mannheim CID Office where we had the Cat Lounge -- and enjoy beers over many exchanges of great stories with other Level One CID SAs (Gary Price (RIP); Chuck Ellis; Bill Ivory; Bill Scott; Fast Eddie Isenberg; Clyde Paige; Dan Nugent; John Thomas (RIP), Dan Lynch; and often LTC Clyde "Sparkhawk" Owens(RIP), Commander; and often Steve Volk from Heidelberg RA Level Two Drug Team. Tom was a happy go lucky, friendly, helpful mentor. We stayed in touch over the years when email came out. He will be missed!! Rest in Peace Tom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles L. Ellis Jr (Chuck) on Monday, March 12, 2018 - 11:01 am:  Edit

Tom was a dear friend and great buddy. We had many good times while working in Germany. I will miss him. RIP my friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 09:25 am:  Edit

Thomas R. Presley, Chief Warrant Officer 2 (CW2), US Army (Retired), 77, of Moore, SC passed in peace surrounded by family on March 9, 2018 in Spartanburg, SC following a brief illness.

Tom was born November 4, 1940 to Fred O. Presley, and Edna K. Wyatt in San Pedro, CA where his father worked for the US Government. Tom grew up in Dalhart, TX and he was proud to call himself a 'Texan'.

After graduating from high school in 1959, Tom joined the US Army and his first assignment was as a tanker with Company C, 3d Battalion, 32nd Armor Regiment, 3d Armored Division(SPEARHEAD), in Friedberg, Germany. While stationed in Germany, Tom worked with Elvis Presley and he had many photographs of him and Elvis Presley together. They not only shared the same name, but shared a friendship as well. It was in Germany that he met the love of his life, Ingrid, and they married in 1961. Tom continued his Army career as a paratrooper with the 101st Airborne Division at Ft. Campbell, KY until 1967 when he was sent to Vietnam and was assigned to Company D/16th Armor, 173d Airborne Brigade (Separate). Tom was a highly decorated soldier. He was awarded the Soldiers Medal for heroism, two Purple Hearts, and the Bronze Star medal for his service in Vietnam. He went on to earn three Meritorious Service Medals and four Army Commendation Medals during his Army career. Despite severe injuries, and nearly a year recovering from his combat wounds, Tom continued his Army career as a Special Agent with the US Army Criminal Investigation Division (CID) between 1969 and 1980. As a Special Agent, Tom worked deep cover narcotics in Europe targeting foreign nationals who were supplying drugs to US Army personnel. He continued his CID career until his retirement from the Army in 1980. Tom proudly served multiple tours in Germany (Friedberg, Augsburg, Heidelberg, and Mannheim), two tours at Ft. Campbell, KY, the Republic of Vietnam, and at Ft. Bliss, TX.

Tom earned a bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice after retiring from the US Army. In 1983, Tom and Ingrid moved to Moore, SC and he enjoyed a successful career as the Director of Corporate Security for Calvin Klein. He continued his public service as a South Carolina State Constable.

Tom is survived by his loving wife Ingrid of 57 years; a son, Tommy (Teresa) Presley, a daughter Sandy Austin; seven grandchildren (Kristina Austin, Sarah Austin, Matthew Austin, Jennifer Payne., Thomas J. Presley, Brandi Farrington (Linc)and Jennifer Shortland); and five great- grandchildren, TaylorPayne, Breanna Oudthone, Brayden Payne, Addison Payne and Connor Goyette, a mother in-law Felicitas Deutsch (Oma), a sister in-law Ursula Peter and brother in-law Udo Peter, and many aunts and uncles. He also leaves behind a special friend and fishing buddy Henry 'Chick' Parsons. Tom was preceded in death by his grandparents, Thomas B. and Vina A. Presley, his parents, and a sister Peggy O. Presley.

A graveside service will be held on March 13, 2018 at 2:00pm at Fort Jackson, SC National Cemetery where Tom will be buried with military honors.

Condolences may be made at striblingfuneralhome.net Stribling Funeral Home Duncan SC

Images added by webservant, 11 Mar 2018, 1456 hrs CDT

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: