Carl Craig - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Carl Craig - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 08:10 am:  Edit

Carl Edward Craig Sr, 87, of Columbia SC died Tuesday, 7 November 2017. He was born on 20 November 1929 in Kershaw County SC, the son of the late Carl Rufus Craig and Mattie Phillips Craig. He served 22 years in the US Army CID at several Posts in the US, Japan, Korea, and the Dominican Republic. Following his military service, he also retired with 22 years State Police service as a Detective Lieutenant. He started the Cold Case Homicide Unit for the Richland County Sheriff’s Office where he served without pay. He was a Life Member of Arcadia Masonic Lodge #94, Columbia SC, a York Rite Mason, and Shriner. He was a former Director and Website Moderator for the CID Agents Association, and a member of the American Legion, and VFW.

Survivors include his wife, Hiroko Nemoto Craig of Columbia; daughters, Celia Craig Rauscher of Lexington, and Karen Craig Walpole of Chapin; a son, Carl Edward Craig Jr of Alexandria VA; grandchildren, MacKenzie Leigh Rauscher, Brooke Rauscher Spence, Rachael Katherine Rauscher, David Britton Rauscher, Julie Anne Mobley, Laura Mobley Hatch, Caroline Elizabeth Mobley, Lucy Rose Mobley, Michael Craig, Matthew Craig, Evie Craig, and Catie Craig; greatgrandchildren, Ava Elise Spence and Camden Allen Spence.

A graveside service was held at 2: PM Tuesday, 12 December at Ft Jackson National Cemetery. Shives Funeral Home, Trenholm Road Chapel, assisted the family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl A. Bandy (Carl_bandy) on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 10:56 am:  Edit

Condolences to Carl's wife & family. Prayer's to her also for her recovery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John K. Boatwright (Jboatwri) on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 12:51 pm:  Edit

Carl Craig's wife informed me that there will be a memorial service for Carl at the Fort Jackson Cemetery on Tuesday, 12/12/17, at 2:00 PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 06:30 am:  Edit

Saddened that Carl has passed away. What a loss to our USACIDC and CIDAA community. Big and sudden surprise. Rest in peace, Carl. You are really appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard B. Greaves (Dick_greaves) on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 04:39 pm:  Edit

Saddened to hear of Carl's passing. We first met at the 19th CID in Uijongbu in the '64-'65 timeframe, and it was always a pleasure to see him again at the many annual CIDAA meetings. Carl was an extremely skilled and dedicated CID Special Agent, and also contributed much to the CIDAA. May he be at peace and peace be with his family.
Sincerely....Dick and Mary Ann

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay Garbus (Jrg065) on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 08:36 am:  Edit

I will miss Carl as he was a great person to know and be with

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John K. Boatwright (Jboatwri) on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 04:56 pm:  Edit

Carl has been really sick for the past couple years. Being the proud person he was Carl didn't want everyone to know it probably because he didn't want people feeling sorry for him. He only confided in a few of us. Cancer had taken a toll on his health. I went with him to Chemo treatments on many occasions. The Chemo stopping working about 18 months ago and the cancer had gotten into Carl's bones. He fought very hard to beat the cancer and be strong for his wife who is also in poor health. I have been praying with Carl for about two years now hoping he would get healed of the cancer. During that time Carl turned his attention to making sure he was prepared when death would surely come. I thank God that Carl recommitted his life to Jesus Christ earlier this year. I saw the change in Carl from the tough guy that we all have known to a more gentle and kinder person that his relationship with Jesus Christ brought forth. I am convinced the Carl went home to heaven where he will never suffer again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick V. Garland (Pgarland6) on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 01:44 pm:  Edit

One of the great agents and overall good person. I have known Carl from the mid-60s and he was a true friend. My he Rest in Peace and his family be comforted in their grief. Carl was very sick for quite a long time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William E Moore Jr (Bill_moorejr) on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 09:24 am:  Edit

Carl Craig passed away this morning around 6am. He was strong until the end. Funeral arrangements have not been made at this time. Carl was a very devoted member CIDAA and gave a lot of his time to the organization. He will be greatly missed.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: