Charles E Kimmig Sr - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Charles E Kimmig Sr - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick V. Garland (Pgarland6) on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 08:56 am:  Edit

It will be difficult when attending CIDAA Meetings to not see Charlie there. He was one of the remaining 13th CID guys who took me under his wing when I was an apprentice. Rest in Peace Brother!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 04:01 pm:  Edit

Again, we lost another great CID SA in Charles Kimmig.
I encountered Charles many times during my years in CID. Charles was one of CID's Finest--R.I.P. Mr. Kimmig--you certainly earned it!
Peter "B"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 02:32 pm:  Edit

Charles Eugene Kimmig, Sr., age 91 of Sparta, Tennessee passed away Sunday afternoon May 14, 2017 at St Thomas Highland Hospital.

Mr Kimmig was born August 16, 1925 in Dayton, Ohio to the late Louis & Elizabeth Saunders Kimmig. He retired as a criminal investigator with the United States Army. Charles served his nation for 28 1/2 years. His military career began in the U S Marine Corp. He later joined the Army during Korea. His military career spanned from World War II, Korea and Vietnam. After military retirement, he had a 12 year career as a land fraud investigator for the State of Florida. Upon his final retirement, he loved to travel domestically as well as abroad, and do things alongside his wife Sarah. Charles was affectionately known by his family as "Poppy". He was a member of North Sparta Church of God. In addition to his parents, he is also preceded in death by grandchildren Matthew McCormick, Megan Hope Eliasen, Luke Zander Kimmig; brothers Robert and Frank Kimmig; sisters Betty Sortman and Marlene Rambo.

Survivors include his wife of 70 years Sarah Kimmig of Sparta

Five daughters: Sherrie Dawne (Ken) Eliasen of Panama City Beach, Florida, Sally Anne (Hank) Doom of Louisville, KY, Susan Lynne (Paul) Buse of Shepherdsville, KY, Shawn Lisa Kimmig Morgan of Sparta, Sara Lee Kimmig of Casselbury, FL. Son: Charles Eugene (Rose) Kimmig, Jr. of Sanford, FL

Thirty-five grandchildren Sixty-three great-grandchildren. Sisters: Beverly Kay Compton of Dayton, OH and Joann Grierson

Funeral services will be conducted 9:00am Friday, May 19, 2017 from North Sparta Church of God. Interment services will be conducted 2:30pm Friday at Chattanooga National Cemetery with full military honors presented by the U S Army Honor Guard.

Jonthan Morgan, Joel Morgan, Micah Buse, Heath Doom, Uriah Kimmig, Josiah Kimmig will serve as pallbearers.

SA Charles E. Kimmig, Sr.

Image added by Webservant on 2 Jul 2017.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: