Pete Dedijer - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Pete Dedijer - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Sander (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 07:38 pm:  Edit

I served with Pete in Hawaii from 1977 to 1979. He was one of a kind. He loved his OLY beer and golf. Pete was a good friend. RIP Buddy, RIP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy Flanders (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 08:25 pm:  Edit

I knew Pete in N-Burg Germany and really enjoyed his company. Always ready for our Friday night office parties and a good laugh. RIP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren R. Halvorson (Whalvorson) on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 09:32 pm:  Edit

When I first arrived in Korea in 1976, Pete was the first person to greet me at Yongson and make me feel like part of the unit. He was a great friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 01:22 pm:  Edit

I never served with Pete, but ran into him several times while on TDY (during my 2 tours w/CID HQ)and his reputation was great!!! What else can one expect from someone named Peter--smile. RIP my dear colleague!
Peter "B"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence H. Drayton (Larry_drayton) on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 07:52 am:  Edit

A great guy. Met him in Vietnam in '72; then often socialized when he was in the DC area later on. Can't recall the last time I saw Pete, but it was at some command performance. We were both in tuxedos. RIP friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard B. Greaves (Dick_greaves) on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 02:33 pm:  Edit

Very saddened to hear of Pete's passing. First met Pete in the closing days of Viet Nam in '72-'73, and we took turns riding the office Honda 305 Scrambler. It was always a pleasure to see him again at the annual CIDAA reunions that he attended. May be be at peace, and peace be with his family.
Sincerely, Dick and Mary Ann

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles L. Ellis Jr (Chuck) on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 02:24 pm:  Edit

Pete was a long time dear and close friend. We too hacked our way around many golf courses together. Drank lots of good wine, and some bad, had tons of laughs and just enjoyed each others company. Pete was in deed a rare treasure to have as a friend. I will miss him very much. RIP my friend

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Whitrock (Tjw) on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 12:47 pm:  Edit

Pete was my boss in 1976, and a great fiend ever since. We were fortunate to have lived in Northern Virginia in the 80ís at the same time, and then later in Texas for well over 20 years. We took vacations together, hacked away at many golf courses, played cribbage, but most memorable, we laughed a lot. Good friends like Pete are rare and a treasure. I will cherish my memories of Pete forever. Good bye and safe journey old friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Whitrock (Tjw) on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 12:45 pm:  Edit

Obituary for Peter Alexander Dedijer

Peter Alexander Dedijer, Sr., 73, passed away Wednesday, September 22, 2016 at North Texas Medical Center in Gainesville. Services are pending with Meador Funeral Home, Gainesville.

A Graveside Service with military honors for Peter Alexander Dedijer, 73, will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at the Dallas/Fort Worth National Cemetery, with the Army Chaplain, officiating. Mr. Dedijer passed away Thursday, September 22 , 2016 in Gainesville, Texas.

He was born September 2, 1943 in Vancouver, Canada, to Spiro Dedijer and Alexandrina (McDonald) Dedijer.

He married Connie Carter, February 4, 2014. He was retired from the United States Army after more than 20 years.

Survivors include his wife Connie Carter of Lake Kiowa; mother, Alexandrina Dedijer of Vancouver, Canada; daughter, Katie & Danny Schott of Norman, OK; stepdaughters, Lisa & Wes Laveson of Anna, TX, Brenda & Chuck Brooks of Baldwinsville NY and Jeanette Madkins; grandson, Austin Schott of Norman, OK.

He was preceded in death by his sister Marian Dedijer in 2004 and his father Spiro Dedijer.

Condolences to the family can be posted at: http://www.meadorfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Douglas-Spillers/

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: