I.W. McFarland - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): I.W. McFarland - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 06:24 pm:  Edit

I remember I.W. from my time at Ft Hood Field Office, working OJT while waiting for my CID application to be approved. He was a friend and one of the several great mentors that office had to offer me and others. Condolences to his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil McGuire (Phil) on Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 06:41 pm:  Edit

Mop (Vietnamese nickname) was my first MP platoon sergeant 1971 in Vietnam. Later that year we were both MPI in Det E, 8th (MP) Group (CI) in Qui Nhon. Learned more from that man than anyone else in my entire career.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Ruley (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, February 28, 2011 - 03:57 pm:  Edit

I was a Military Police Investigator at Ft Hood, (1986-1987)and IW was the evidence custodian. He would come in the duty room, (jokingly) with his hangmans noose, letting us know he was ready to take evidence, and shake the noose, if we messed up the evidence voucher. He was an outstanding person

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 07:14 pm:  Edit

Funeral services for I W McFarland, 70, of Killeen, Texas will be 11:30 AM Thursday 17 February 2011 in the Crawford-Bowers Funeral Home Chapel in Killeen. Burial will follow in the Central Texas State Veterans Cemetery. MSG (ret) McFarland passed away Monday 14 February 2011 in a Killeen hospital. He was born 8 October 1940 near Willisburg, Pennsylvania to James B and Audrey I (Welsh) McFarland. MSG McFarland retired from government service after more than 49 years of faithful service. He served in the U S Army during the Vietnam War and as a CID agent. Among the medals he received were Army Service Ribbon, Overseas Service Ribbon (Numeral 5), National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal (w/1 Silver and 1 Bronze Service Stars), Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal, Bronze Star Medal, Army Commendation Medal (w/2 Oak Leaf Clusters), Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry (w/Palm), Good conduct Medal (w/Silver 3 loops), Sharpshooter Badge (Rifle and Pistol), NCO Professional Development Ribbon (Numeral 4), and Meritorious Service Medal. Then 22 years with Civil Service in the Military Police Investigations Division. He was preceded in death by his parents. Survivors include his wife, Ann McFarland of Killeen; two sons, Jim McFarland and his wife, Stephanie, of Colorado Springs, and Shannon McFarland and his wife, Starla, of Arlington; and two grandsons, Jeremy McFarland of Denver, CO and Alex McFarland of Misawa, Japan. Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.crawfordbowersfuneralhome.com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Hardison (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 02:08 pm:  Edit

I.W's funeral viewing services will be held at 1130 on 17 Feb at the Killeen Crawford Bowers funeral home. The graveside service will begin
at 1300 at the Killeen Veteran's Cemetery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William R. Ambrose (Bill_ambrose) on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 04:10 am:  Edit

I was notified by Don Wright that I.W. passed away on the 14th of February. No further info except funeral arrangements are pending.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: