Tony Povkovich - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Tony Povkovich - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Askew (Larry_askew) on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 09:25 pm:  Edit

Served with Tony @ 3rd Region Opns and attended his retirement. Tony was a super person, agent and polygraph examiner. As Drayton said, Tony had a great sense of humor.....we had many laughs together. RIP my friend!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence H. Drayton (Larry_drayton) on Monday, May 23, 2016 - 08:29 am:  Edit

I met Tony when we crossed paths in Vietnam in 1967. I was a PMI with the 1st Cavalry Division. He had a great sense of humor. Somewhere in my basement trunk of memorabilia, I have a picture of him and Paul Fischer shortly after a Viet Cong mortar attack at our base camp near An Khe. Paul was wounded in the leg. May they both RIP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 10:27 am:  Edit

CW4 (Ret) Tony Povkovich passed away suddenly in his sleep on 6 May 2016 in Bakersfield, CA. Tony was a CID Polygrapher, based in Stuttgart, Germany, in the early 1970s and later at Ft Gillem, GA. He retired in or about 1978 at which time he joined the Bakersfield, CA Police Department and ran their polygraph section until retiring again a few years ago. He will be interred in the Bakersfield National Cemetery at 1030 AM on 23 May 2016.

A published obituary is pending. Thanks to LTC Tom Briggs, RMPOA, for this information.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: