Pauline C. McGuire - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Pauline C. McGuire - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed German (Member) on Thursday, September 06, 2018 - 12:53 am:  Edit

Pauline McGuire

Pauline C. McGuire, a Laurel resident since 1984 passed away on December 10, 2015 at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, MD.

Pauline was born on February 21, 1955 in Chicago, Illinois to the late Leon Jackson and the late Yvonne (nee Gordon) Jackson.

Pauline joined the United States Army in 1974 and was amongst the first women to join the Military Police Corp. In 1977 she was again one of the first women to be assigned to the Army Criminal Investigation Division as a special agent. She spent time during her military career in Germany, Korea and several bases in the United States. Pauline was Honorably Discharged in 1984.

When Pauline left her military career she went back to school and acquired her undergraduate degree in business from Austin Peay University in Clarksville, TN. She continued her education at the University of Maryland where she graduated from a dual masterís program with a Masterís of Business Administration and a Masterís of Public Administration. After completing her education Pauline starting working for a company marketing training videos. She later went on to start her own company marketing and selling training videos. After retiring from her own company she went on to relish her time as a homemaker.

Pauline met her husband Phil McGuire while they were both stationed in Korea. Pauline and Phil were married for 35 years. She is also survived by her siblings David Jackson, Mark Jackson, Madeline Jackson and Marnel Scott. Pauline was predeceased by her brother, Wayne Jackson.

In lieu of flowers donations in her name may be made to the American Cancer Society at P.O. Box 22478, Oklahoma City, OK 73123

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael D. Keller (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 03:12 pm:  Edit

Phil,

I'm so sorry to hear of Pauline's passing. Though you and I had the opportunity to serve together at Yongsan and Fort Campbell Districts, I was fortunate enough to know Pauline for several years prior, as we were assigned to the same MP Company in Butzbach, GE. As you said, Pauline was a ground breaker as a female MP and always a good friend. My condolences.

Mike Keller

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl A. Bandy (Carl_bandy) on Monday, January 18, 2016 - 02:20 pm:  Edit

Phil sorry for your loss. I never had the pleasure of meeting Pauline. My sympathy to you and your families.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil McGuire (Phil) on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 08:56 am:  Edit

Nice to hear from so many old friends. Just wish it had been under different circumstances. Here's a better link to Pauline's obituary.

http://www.donaldsonlaurel.com/notices/Pauline-McGuire

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Chigi (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 11:31 am:  Edit

Phil,old friend, I am terribly sorry for your loss. Pauline was a wonderful person and a great agent. May God bless you both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence H. Drayton (Larry_drayton) on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 01:55 pm:  Edit

Phil. Sorry to hear about Pauline. You're in my prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip W. Lindley (Phil_lindley) on Monday, December 21, 2015 - 09:08 am:  Edit

Phil,
We met and worked on a case (theft at the museum) when I came out to Ft Lewis performing reserve duty, in the late 70s.
I am sorry for your loss - my thoughts and prayers are with you.
v/r
phil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Benjamin (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, December 20, 2015 - 02:18 pm:  Edit

Phil, It seems like two lifetimes ago that we were "wobbly ones" at Fort Dix District when it was still a rockin post complete with a brand new, then state of the art, military stockade, plus a company size personnel control facility.
I'm so sorry for your loss, but know you must be comforted by the memories of many great years together, and the hope that your spirits may join again in the hereafter of heaven. God bless you old friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 12:34 pm:  Edit

Phil - really sorry about Pauline's passing. Know you miss her more than you can say. May God bless you and comfort you in your loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W. Minton (Ken_minton) on Monday, December 14, 2015 - 07:46 am:  Edit

Phil,
I'm not sure if I met Pauline when I was at Ft Hood, but I know she must have been a lovely lady. My prayers go out to you and other members of the family.
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil McGuire (Phil) on Saturday, December 12, 2015 - 08:33 pm:  Edit

Pauline passed after a 16 month ordeal with cancer. To our friends I apologize for not making you aware; but, if you knew Pauline you also know that she was a very private person. I did my best to honor her desire for that privacy. Long story short is that in Aug of 2014 she was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. It had spread throughout her body, she was given a few months to live, and went to home hospice in Sep 2014. Thanks to her strength and palliative chemo treatments at Walter Reed we had another year together until Nov this year. After a couple of falls at home she was readmitted to Walter Reed on Nov 16 and placed in comfort care. Walter Reed did a great job and with the correct meds relieved the pain and made her as comfortable as possible. I was even staying in her room with her. On Dec 10th, at midnight she passed as I was holding her.

For you that did not know, Pauline was also an agent. She was among that first group of women to join the Military Police Corps (1974) and later one of the early female agents (1977).

I love you baby.

http://www.donaldsonfuneralhome.com/

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: