Tufts, Margaret - RIP (1917- 2015)

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Tufts, Margaret - RIP (1917- 2015)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Branyon Boyd (Jim_boyd) on Monday, August 31, 2015 - 10:52 pm:  Edit

I never had the pleasure of meeting COL TUFTS, but I have my CID credentials that he signed and I'm very proud of them. Behind every great man, there was a wonderful woman. Being married to him for 60 years, following him all over the world on his assignments and travels, you just know she had to be a superior Lady. I thank God that I had the privilege of serving in the CID Command that he was so instrumental in forming, and I thank Mrs Tufts for the support that she provided to the Colonel, during his formation and command of that organization.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 10:43 am:  Edit

Just checked in. Sorry to hear about the loss of Mrs. Tufts. I did not have the pleasure of knowing her. But I never doubted that Col. Tufts had an excellent Lady. I doubt he could have been the inspiration to so many of us that he was without her.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 01:55 pm:  Edit

Folks:
I can't believe that there has not been many condolence comments about Mrs.Tufts passing in that, while you may have not known her personally, multitudes of you knew Col. Tufts and it would be proper to give your condolences to the Tufts family. Do it, now!
Peter "B"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 01:07 pm:  Edit

I knew Mrs. Tufts--Uncle Henry's bride and she was a doll. They had invited me to their home for meals several times in Springfield, VA, during my 2 tours at HQ. I used to meet them on the road in and around Spreingfield after Col. T retired. We lost a true Lady. May she rest in peace with Uncle Henry,
Peter "B"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard S. (Dick) Stoyko (Dick_stoyko) on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 10:20 am:  Edit

May her and the Boss rest in peace together again. God bless them both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Patalano III (Louispatalanoiii) on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 06:53 pm:  Edit

Tufts, Margaret (1917- 2015)

Margaret (Peggy) Virginia Tufts passed away peacefully on Saturday, March 7, 2015 in White Plains, New York surrounded by her loving family. Margaret was born November 30, 1917, in Peabody, Massachusetts, the daughter of Frederick George Lawrence and Mary Agnes (Corbett) Lawrence. She was married to Colonel Henry Harold Tufts on December 6 ,1942. He preceded her in death on July 24, 2002. They were married for sixty happy and wonderful years.

Margaret's husband, Henry, was an Army officer and as a result the family lived in a numerous locations around the world, including Salzburg, Austria, Honolulu and Washington DC. Throughout her long life she was very active in the Roman Catholic Churches in every community where she and her family resided. In addition, she volunteered in numerous libraries as she was an avid reader and a proponent of early childhood reading and learning.

Margaret is survived by her children, Henry (Rene), Frederick (Julie) and Monica (Stephen); grandchildren Sabrena, Meghan (David), Amy (Cope), Christopher, Ryan (Eileen), Stephanie, Stephen (Sheridan), John (Nicole) and Michael; 15 great-grandchildren and her sister,Mariam.

A Memorial Mass will be celebrated on Tuesday, March 10th, at 1:30 PM at Our Lady of Sorrows R.C. Church in White Plains. Margaret will be interned with her husband at Arlington National Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be sent to Wounded Warrior Project, PO Box 758518, Topeka, Kansas 66675 or online at woundedwarriorproject.org in memory of Margaret Tufts.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: