Lawrence R. Boggs - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Lawrence R. Boggs - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John M. Clark (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, February 12, 2010 - 01:31 pm:  Edit

Ray was my first Operations Officer at Fort Campbell, which was my first duty station after switching over from the AFOSI in June '67. I'll never forget him. For one thing, he tried to talk me into "going Airborne," as he was actually assigned to the 101st Airborne Division at the time. Another fond rememberance was the cigar that dangled perpetually from between his teeth, and his propensity to call me and about everyone else "Dad." Anyway, Ray was a great and fair boss, and a fine man all around. I've always considered it a pleasure to have known him. I was also privileged to see and visit with him again at the Annual CIDAA meeting in Orlando shortly before his death. I offer my belated condolences to his wonderful wife Barbara and their family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert H. Tucker (Bob_tucker) on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 02:27 pm:  Edit

I made Warrant at Ft Carson and Ray got the dollar for my first salute. A first class guy. RIP Ray.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William B. Singerhoff (Strike127) on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 04:17 pm:  Edit

I was with Ray at Ft Campbell, Ky along with some other great people Maurice Parker, Charlie Dines, Chuck Alsip, MSG Ralph Prost, Frank Toledo and Joe Blackwood (all RIP). I stayed in touch some with Ray who replaced Jim Butts and I when he brought the 101st Abn over. He was a great guy with a fantastic sense of humor. I'll miss him as I do the others. May God bless their souls.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Ivory (Bill_ivory) on Monday, June 11, 2007 - 02:03 pm:  Edit

I was with Ray in RVN. What a character he was. I'll miss him too..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald L. Keller (Don_keller) on Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 05:27 pm:  Edit

I too was with Ray, Pat, Chuck Alsip (RIP), Dave Parker, Ed Knaus, Ray Olson and many others at Ft. Campbell in the mid-60s. I and the last three gentlemen mentioned were PMI (MPI) at the time. I shall never forget Ray with his big “stogies” and his excitement when he was scheduled to update his jump status with the 101st. He taught us all a lot and shall be missed. Rest in peace my friend!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick V. Garland (Pgarland6) on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 10:13 pm:  Edit

Ray was a good friend since the mid-60s, and we managed to stay in contact over these many years of our retirements. He will be sorely missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 02:08 pm:  Edit

CW3 Lawrence "Ray" Boggs, age 73, passed away on 1 June 2007 in Newnan GA. Ray served for 20 years in the U S Army and was a CID Special Agent at time of retirement. He later retired from the Bonnell Company. Among the survivors are his wife of fifty years, Barbara Lee Jernigan Boggs. Funeral services were held at McKoon Funeral Home on 5 June and interment, with full military honors, followed in Forest Lawn Memorial Park.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: