Hubert Marlow - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Hubert Marlow - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 05:40 pm:  Edit

Hubert Marlow, 79, passed peacefully on Monday, December 29, 2014 after a brief illness in Vacaville, California. Hubert lived in Vacaville, California for 14 years and was previously from Villa Park Illinois. Hubert was born in 1935 in Hamburg, Germany to Joseph and Elsie Kluenter.

Hubert was with the Military Police in the U.S. Army for 7 years and then became an Investigator with the C.I.D. (Criminal Investigation Division) of the U.S. Army for an additional 14 years. Hubert loved this time in his career and was a tremendous asset to his country in this position. Hubert also served his country from 1970 to 1971 in Viet Nam. Hubert retired as a CW3 (Chief Warrant Officer) in 1976. This was a highly honorable rank in the U.S. Army.

A 1955 graduate of York High School, in Elmhurst Illinois, Hubert enjoyed his years there and loved to roller skate with his friends on the weekends. In 1958, while serving with the Army in Germany, Hubert met the love of his life, Monika Gaede and they were married that same year. From this marriage, Hubert and Monika had three wonderful boys, Dieter, Michael and Adrian.

He is survived by his wife Monika, his son Adrian Marlow, his son Michael Marlow, his son Dieter (Kathleen) Marlow, and his identical twin brother Carlo Marlow as well as many nieces, nephews and cousins.

Hubert was preceded in death by his father and mother, Joseph and Elsie Kluenter and his sister Delores Meininger

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Lanting (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 09:33 pm:  Edit

Herb was my first operations officer. He was a good man and taught me a lot. RIP my friend

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Cox (Warrencid) on Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 07:31 pm:  Edit

Monika Marlow has advised that these are the funeral details for Herb:

Viewing: 4:00-9:00 PM Tuesday January 6th, 2015 Bryan-Braker Funeral Home, 1850 West Texas Street, Fairfield, CA 94533.
Service at the Funeral Home on Wednesday January 7th, 2015 at 11:00 AM followed by the procession to the Sacramento Valley National Cemetery in Dixon, CA for Internment at 1:00 PM with full Military Honors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles A. McNichols (Samcn0696) on Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 03:09 pm:  Edit

I had the honor and pleasure of meeting Herb in the 70s at the Fort Gordon Field Office when I was assigned to replace him as the Operations Officer as he was PCSing. Herb was most helpful in making sure that the transition went smoothly. As many have mentioned, Herb "lived and breathed" CID and did all that he could after his retirement to support the CIDAA in so many thankless ways. He will truely be missed for all that he did. A sincere Thank You, Herb! Now rest in peace and get things ready for the rest of us when the time comes. May God bless and be with you and your loving family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Cox (Warrencid) on Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 02:24 pm:  Edit

I never had the pleasure of working with Herb, but did have the opportunity to talk with him at many fo the CIDAA meetings. We also spoke at length about many topics(trains, etc.) when one would call the other about something. I considered Herb a frined and will miss those times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles D. West (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 11:29 am:  Edit

Very sad to hear about Hubert's passing. Silvia and I met Hubert and his family when I was an Apprentice CID Agent in Bad Kreuznach and later in Ft. Gordon. Our deepest Condolences go out to his family. He will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Kuhn (Hkuhn) on Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 09:35 pm:  Edit

Was saddened to hear of Herb's passing. He was
indeed an asset to CID and CIDAA. He will indeed
be sorely missed. Rest in peace my friend.
Doris and Henry Kuhn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard B. Greaves (Dick_greaves) on Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 09:05 pm:  Edit

Saddened to hear of Herb's passing. While we never crossed paths on AD, it was always a pleasure to see Herb and Monika, and frequently his twin brother, Carlo, at the annual CIDAA gathering over the past 23 or 24 years. Herb was very dedicated to CID and also the CIDAA, writing articles for the Newsletter, and taking photos at the annual meetings. I recall a time or two, when Herb and Carlo changed name tags, which brought a smile or two. May he rest in peace, and peace be to his family.
....Dick and Mary Ann

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E. Proof (Rproof) on Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 04:37 pm:  Edit

My condolences to Monica and Herbs brother who I knew he adored very much. Herb was always involved with CID and I was proud to be a part of the CID Agents Group he established when he lived in the Chicago area. Herb will be sorely missed. Rest in peace my good friend and fellow agent.
Richard P.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 01:36 pm:  Edit

Steve V.--you said it all. I ran into Herb A few times during my TDY travels. He consistently did a great job and assisted me in any way I needed. After retirement he continued serving as described by Steve.
Never did a CID SA work harder for the Organization did "Herb" Marlow. He certainly earned his "hook up" in the CID FO in Heaven!
Rest In Well-Earned Peace, dear Herb,
Peter "B"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Volk (Ste3ven_volk) on Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 12:41 pm:  Edit

Hubert “Herb” was a devoted supporter to promote comaradrie in the CID family, evidenced by his loyal attendance at CIDAA meetings, often accompanied by his twin brother, Carlo (not a CID Agent), wherever these were held.

I first met Herb in May 1972, when he and other SACs of the then Kaiserslautern FO were summoned to support agents of the Heidelberg RA and the German police investigation of the “Baader Meinhof Gang” terrorist bombing on Campbell Barracks (USAREUR HQ), killing 3 US service members.

Herb was one of the SACs from the RAs of the Kaiserslautern FO along with other subordinate SACs to assist the Heidelberg RA in the first response to this major crime. Herb, SAC (CW4) James (Jim) Smith (RIP) from the Mainz RA, and I (from the Heidelberg RA) jointly conducted initial interviews in this case.

Starting in 1999 I would often see Herb at monthly “gatherings” of the Northern California CIDAA Group of retired CID SAs and their respective spouses / significant others. Herb was the person who formed this group.

I knew Herb to be a kind and helpful person, willing to help when possible. CID was his life. He was a good man and friend. I have no doubt he is now on his way to the CID FO in Heaven, where he will “hook up” with other agents that left before him. RIP, Herb.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 07:38 am:  Edit

Very sad to hear of Hubert's passing. As did everyone else that knew him, liked him a lot. Violet and I enjoyed meeting him in NOLA. Have his book about CID. Good read. Condolences to his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Monday, December 29, 2014 - 04:01 pm:  Edit

Just received a telephone call from Bill Fitzpatrick's daughter, Catherine, who received a call from Hubert Marlow's twin brother that Hubert Marlow passed on to his reward. He has been in ICU at the insistance of his wife Monica. I know of no one who has been more loyal to CIDAA than Hubert and I was proud to have been identified as his first Operations Officer when he was initially recruited to PMI at Ft Benning, GA way back when. Mickey and Carl, I have no further details. Rest in peace, Hubie. You are loved by many including us --Dottie and (Al)Elmer Miller.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Everett A. Butler (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, December 29, 2014 - 04:42 pm:  Edit

I was an Apprentice CID Agent in Zweibrucken, Germany and had the pleasure of working for Mr. Marlow sometime in the late 1960's. We stayed in touch via email, phone and a brief visit with him and his brother in Orlando, Florida a few years ago during a CID Convention. He was a great man and a friend. Rest in Peace Herb!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royston Evans Flanders (Roy) on Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 02:23 pm:  Edit

Meetings will not be the same without him there. So sad to hear of his passing, Jan and I will miss him.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: