Floyd Kelly - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Floyd Kelly - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David G.Ownby (Derdegen) on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 08:59 am:  Edit

I remember Mr. Kelly. He was our "first shirt" at Fort Riley when I was stationed there during 1978-1981. He went with the Junction City PD for a few months before going to SC. I remember him as a deeply religious man.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Myron R. Pickering (Picknet) on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 05:08 pm:  Edit

I was stationed with Floyd in Stuttgart, circa 1973-1976. Floyd was a quit and humble person who always spoke kindly about everyone. I have often thought about him from time to time and regret not knowing of his passing until now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Thursday, December 25, 2014 - 09:36 am:  Edit

Mr Floyd Franklin Kelly, age 72, died Friday, April 6, 2012 at Lexington Medical Center. He was born June 30, 1939 in Lancaster County, the son of the late Dewey Kelly and Ida Ruth Brown and was the husband of the late Joan Sutton Kelly. Mr Kelly served 23 years and retired from the United States Army as a Master Sergeant and Military Policeman and later retired from the Lancaster County Sheriffs Department as Chief of the Detectives Division. Mr Kelly was a member of the SC Law Enforcement Association, member of Mercedes Benz Club of America, and was a VA Volunteer. He was also a member of New Life Christian Assembly Church where he served as Missions Director, Deacon, Board Member and Sunday School Superintendent.

Mr Kelly is survived by 2 sons, Roger D. Kelly and his wife Roxie of Bellevue, NE, and Ekkehard Schumm and his wife Carmen of Germany, a daughter, Debbie Neff and her husband Stan of Lancaster, a sister, Shirley Gay and her husband Jesse, a brother, Charles Kelly and his wife Annie Mae, 6 grandchildren, Michael Neff, Jessica Kelly, Steven Neff, Christopher Kelly, Alex Schumm, and Fabian Schumm, and several nieces and nephews.

Mr Kelly was preceded in death by his wife Joan Sutton Kelly, and a daughter Rebecca Jo Kelly.

A Celebration of Life Funeral Service for Mr Kelly will be 2:00 PM, Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at New Life Christian Assembly Church by Rev. Bayliss Adimaro and Rev. Thomas Hart. Burial will follow at Lancaster Memorial Park.

The Family of Mr Kelly will receive friends from 6:00 - 8:00 PM, Monday, April 9, 2012 at Hartley Funeral Home and suggests memorial contributions to New Life Christian Assembly, P.O. Box 355, Lancaster SC, 29721.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jearl E. Ballow (Je_buck_ballow) on Wednesday, December 24, 2014 - 01:43 pm:  Edit

Just learned and am extremely sorry to report of the death of MSgt (CID Special Agent)Floyd Kelly, Lancaster, SC. Floyd passed away on April 6 2012 and regretfully I just learned of it. He was a religious man and very active in his church. He was my CIS at Fort Riley in 1977-1979 and we both retired on the same date, Jan 1, 1980. I regret very much his passing and worse that I did not learn of it sooner. Walk with God, Floyd. I know you will.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: