Robert Earl Hutchinson - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Robert Earl Hutchinson - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Cox (Warrencid) on Wednesday, November 05, 2014 - 06:24 pm:  Edit

Several of us worked with "Hutch" at CID Command in the middle 80's. Me, Ralph Vitale, Mike Giberson, "Doc" Wynn, Neil Smith, Doye Hambrick and CPT Nimitz were all in the EC Division at that time.

Hutch was always there for us when we needed him and I will miss him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Weeden Rockwell Nichols (Weeden_nichols) on Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 08:39 pm:  Edit

Bob was a student of mine in the WOA course. I liked him. My condolences to family and friends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Padrerichard (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, October 20, 2014 - 09:51 am:  Edit

I served with Hutch in DC in the 1980's. RIP, Old Friend

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed German (Admin) on Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 06:29 am:  Edit

Modified from obituary received from CIDAA Membership Chairperson on 14 Oct 2014:

Robert Earl Hutchinson, 68, of Conover, NC passed away October 10, 2014 at Frye Regional Medical Center.

Born December 29, 1945 in Mecklenburg Co., he was the son of the late Thomas Earl Hutchinson and Virginia Carmichael Hutchinson.

Mr. Hutchinson was a graduate of St. Leo College, St. Leo, FL, and served his country with distinction. He served in tours including South Vietnam, Korea and Germany. Mr. Hutchinson served for 20 years as a member of the United States Army, retiring as a CW3 in the US Army Criminal Investigation Division Command. He was decorated with the Legion of Merit, Meritorious Service Medal, the National Defense Service Medal and Republic of Vietnam Cross of Gallantry with Palm.

Mr. Hutchinson was a member and volunteer of various organizations including the CIDAA, the Lions Club, the VFW, the Kiwanis and a member of the Woodlawn Baptist Church. In his retirement, Mr. Hutchinson was also an active writer and artist, an avid fan and attendee of the Hickory Crawdads Baseball team, a fan of NASCAR racing and a true lover of the Outer Banks of North Carolina.

Mr. Hutchinson is survived by his wife, Gwen Hutchinson of Conover; his daughters, Anne Raynor Dahlquist and husband Michael; Mary Carmichael Hutchinson; grandson, Wesley Robert Dahlquist ; stepdaughter, Sandra King Heinz and husband Christopher; step-granddaughters, Melanie Nicole Heinz and Holly Anne Heinz; and sisters, Brenda Hope and husband James; Judy Henley; nephews, James Hope II and wife, Tabitha; Marty Barbery; and niece Susan Howard and husband Robert; and the mother of his children, Mary Ann Hutchinson.

The funeral was held October 13, 2014 at Woodlawn Baptist Church in Conover, NC. Memorials may be sent to the National Parkinson Foundation PO Box 5018 Hagerstown, MD 21741- 5018 or to the Wounded Warrior Project PO Box 758517 Topeka, Kansas 66675.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: