Betty Garland - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Betty Garland - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Weeden Rockwell Nichols (Weeden_nichols) on Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 10:44 pm:  Edit

I did not know Betty, but I have great respect and admiration for Pat. For that reason I wish to provide my condolences to Pat, along with my wish that he may be consoled in his grief.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick V. Garland (Pgarland6) on Sunday, September 21, 2014 - 08:12 am:  Edit

Thanks to both Carls and to those who have called and/or sent cards of sympathy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl A. Bandy (Carl_bandy) on Thursday, September 18, 2014 - 03:53 pm:  Edit

My condolences to you Pat, and your family. Cancer knows no bounds and someday hopefully, it will be eradicated. God Bless her and all of you. Carl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 10:04 am:  Edit

14 September 2014, 10 AM. I just received a message from Patrick Garland that his beloved wife passed away early this morning. His message is appended, in his own words.

"Hi All: Around 3am this morning I lost my best friend and wife of 47 years when Betty passed away. She requested cremation and burial in her family cemetery in Todd County, KY and I will honor her wishes. She wanted no funeral service nor flowers, so we will have a Celebration of her Life at a family gathering sometime in the not too distant future. I will take her cremains to Kentucky as soon as I can make those arrangements. This has been a traumatic couple of weeks so please allow me time to adjust.

I may add that Betty knew this was coming so we called each of our daughters and a nephew yesterday to prepare for her burial and to say her “Goodbyes.” I take comfort in knowing that she was a good person and has been taken to a well deserved heavenly home! Pat Garland "

Condolences may be sent to Patrick at the address listed on Page 26 of the 2014 Gold Book. Ms. Betty fought a long battle with cancer. May she forever rest in peace. Carl Craig - Forum Moderator

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: